City of York Pennsylvania Wastewater Plant Operator II in York, Pennsylvania
This is skilled position that oversees operating and controlling wastewater treatment plant equipment and processes. Employee is responsible for seeing that all equipment and processes are operating properly. In the absence of the Operations Manager or the Shift Supervisor, the employee is responsible for the operation of the wastewater treatment plant during his scheduled shift. Under most circumstances, work is performed under the supervision of a Shift Supervisor or an Operations Manager.
- Operates and monitors all wastewater treatment plant equipment.
- Takes periodic samples.
- Reads and records meter and gauge readings.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment and may perform minor maintenance.
- Prepares and dispenses chemicals.
- Performs other related work as required.
- In the absence of the supervisor, the most senior Operator II will oversee the operation of the treatment plant.These duties may include:
- Completion of shift operations paperwork.
- Assigning areas of responsibility equitably.
- Logs any leave requests in appropriate book and fills any necessary overtime.
- Directs and assists in equipment re-assignment because of malfunction or other need.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Increased knowledge of the methods, practices, procedures, and techniques used in the operation and routine maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety procedures of the work.
- Ability to read and record meter and gauge readings accurately.
- Ability to perform routine tasks using the Westinghouse Computer System.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Employee in this position must comply with Article 35 "Residency Requirement" of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of York and the Chauffeurs, Teamsters and Helpers Local No. 776 which states that "all persons who shall become employed by the City on or after January 1, 2001, shall be or become residents of the City within six (6) months from the first date the employee achieves permanent employment status. All new employees, once their residence in the City is established, shall be required to maintain residence within the City during their employment. Failure to do so shall be determined to be a forfeiture of employment. Must pass a background check, Drug Test and the PA Child Abuse
History Clearance check.
Note: Child Abuse History Clearance must be dated within one year from the date of application and must show that "no record exists".
Click here to visit the PA Department of Human Services website for more information on the Child Abuse History Clearances.
Clickhere to submit your application for PA Child Abuse History Clearance online.This method is strongly suggested as you will receive immediate access to your results. Paper application forms areavailable in the City of York's Office of Human Resources.
Minimum Acceptable Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- Twelve months experience in the operation of a Wastewater Treatment PlantOR the successful completion of both Volumes I and II of the "Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants" correspondence courses offered by the Office of Water Programs - California State University, Sacramento, California.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is desirable.
Job Title: Wastewater Plant Operator II
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 09/14/17 12:00 AM Eastern Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Wastewater Treatment Plant- 1701 Black Bridge Road, York, Pennsylvania
Department: Wastewater Treatment Plant