Walgreens Computer Operator Connecticut in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Computer Operator Connecticut
Job Number: 028180
Responsible for fulfilling all duties of an Operator in the Computer Room with the flexibility to cover different shifts when needed. Also assist in supporting PC network, LAN, and Access Databases. Performs on-call coverage during evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Schedules processing and prints picking documentation (labels/split case documents).
- Assists Function Manager in supporting desktop users, hardware maintenance, and LAN maintenance. Configures, maintains PC workstations; troubleshoots, performs support functions for systems users
- Develops new Microsoft Access or Web databases for all facets of the organization including Productivity, Manpower, Safety, Asset Protection, and Human Resources. Maintains existing databases.
- Monitors IBM iSeries system.
- Maintains and troubleshoots networking problems and systems (PC networking, including switches and cabling, Pick-To-Lights, AS/400 Token Ring/Cat5e, Radio Frequency (RF) wireless systems, etc.)
- Processes Store Orders (Extra Cycles).
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots RF equipment.
- Performs system backup functions and communicates systems backups to management teams.
- Completes requests for reports and/or queries.
- Orders and maintains inventories supply (labels, report/copy paper, toner cartridges, spare cables, networking equipment, legacy equipment, PC peripherals & accessories, etc).
- Performs repairs and manages vendor (DTR and Repair Depot) repair of hardware repairs.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years experience in an IT Support function.
- At least 2 years experience with Microsoft Windows operating system.
- At least 2 years experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with database systems such as Access, AS/400 and SQL.
- At least 2 years experience with PC maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of mainframe technology.
- Willing to work a flexible shift.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s, Associate’s or Technical Degree in IT, IS or CS.
- Certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
- Experience at a distribution center or manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years experience with mainframe technology (such as IBM iSeries or UNIX) and computer operations.
- Experience with Web databases.
- Knowledge of network topologies.
- Knowledge of programming (such as Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, ASP).
- Experience operating production laser printers such as Oce or Xerox.
- Experience with maintenance and repair of thermal transfer printers.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.