Swagelok Primary Operator Level 2 in Willoughby Hills, Ohio
TitlePrimary Operator Level 2
At this level the associate is proficient in running production, maintaining quality and performance objectives, while adhering to standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate
adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Makes accurate tooling adjustments and maintains operation of machining equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine shutdown.
• Performs adjustments to tooling and fixtures within prescribed limits.
• Completes all records, forms, and electronic data entry as required.
• Checks machined parts visually and dimensionally according to quality standards.
• Cleans chips from tooling and parts following all required safety practices.
• Recognizes and reports machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor.
• Performs preventative machine maintenance.
• Makes suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations.
• Housekeeping - replaces worn hand tools and maintain work center
• Performs all required secondary and auxiliary operations at work center
• Recognizes and complies with all applicable Swagelok procedures
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Self-motivated and able to learn at a fast pace.
• Machining experience or mechanical background
• Operate machine: that includes loading and unloading parts, inspection gages, comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6” rule, dial indicator, ring gages, drill/reamer, Johnson gages and Datum gages, magnifier and lights, miscellaneous hand tools and chip strippers.
• Strong skills in basic math. Can add and subtract fractions and decimals
• Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Acts as a direct liaison with product, process and quality Engineers to ensure appropriate application of technology
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Always willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Facilitates Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability
• Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity test
• Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds.
• Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.