U.S. Army - Agency Wide Operations Specialist in Wiesbaden, Germany
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
Wiesbaden is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive cities in Germany. As the capital city of Hessen, it is sometimes referred to as "Nice of the North" and rightfully so considering the many mansions, the historic Kurhaus, the casino and the State Theater. Wiesbaden is a city with an abundance of leisure activities, providing a Cosmopolitan atmosphere blended with an attractive cultural ambience, extraordinary architecture and marked by endearing charm. Wiesbaden, located in one of the premier wine growing areas in Germany, is on the Rhine River only 20 minutes from the Frankfurt International Airport. Efficient mass transportation systems are readily available. Visit the Wiesbaden Army Community website at http://www.wiesbaden.army.mil for local Garrison support and http://www.wiesbaden.de for city plans and attractions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
As an Operations Specialist and Team Lead in a facility management division for 4 GS-06 Operations Assistants that support reception and front-desk operations, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating, leading and participating in the development and execution of programs, procedures and systems that contribute to the effective execution of support operations within the HQ USAREUR Mission Command Center (MCC). Duties involve coordination, compilation, and monitoring of facility operations, training and conferencing activities for all HQ USAREUR staff elements and major subordinate Command elements and units operating within the MCC and other HQ USAREUR facilities location within the Wiesbaden Military Community footprint; development, coordination and review of requests and orders pertaining to USAREUR MCC operations and property; coordination, compilation and review of Standard Operating Procedures, reception to and access within the MCC, and training Command Center personnel and major subordinate Command elements and units on USAREUR MCC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel is approximately 5%
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations. Incentives are not authorized.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Valid driver license
- Pre-employment & random drug testing
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as all of these: 1) Analyzing operational situations and their support requirements; 2) Analyzing installation capabilities and their ability to meet the requirement and complete the mission; 3) Assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of operational plans; 4) Serving as a team lead or supervisor. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in planning operations
- Ability to lead others
- Knowledge of evaluation techniques
- Skill in verbal and written communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-09 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets one of the definitions below:
Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. [remove LL.M., if unrelated] in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as:position, such as Business Management, Global Operations, Management Operations.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Initial overseas tour length is 36 months (3 years); it may be extended to 5 years.
- This is a CP 51 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476437100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-10 to 2017-08-18
Salary: $52,329 to $68,025 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: EUJD172289621997196
Control number: 476437100