Immediate Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the Intelligence Specialist (Operations) in Wiesbaden, Germany
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US Army Europe, G2, G2X Division.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
You will serve as a Counterintelligence (CI) Operations Officer, Army Theater CI Coordinating Authority (ATCICA), United States Army Europe, performing the full range of CI duties.
- Theater-level CI investigative management
- Direct responses to CI incidents
- Manage CI in cyberspace programs and digital forensics support
- Develop the CI portions to plans and orders within the U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR) and European Command (EUCOM) area of operations (AO)
- 25% or Greater
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience which includes managing counterintelligence in cyberspace programs and digital forensics. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-12).
Progressively responsible experience is that which has included intelligence-related research, analysis, collections and /or operations. This experience should have included intelligence analysis and/or production, intelligence collection and/or operations, counterintelligence, or threat support directly related to the position to be filled. This experience should demonstrate: Knowledge of intelligence processes, cycle and organizations; Knowledge of and/or ability to use research tools such as library holdings, photographs, statistics, graphics and maps; Knowledge of the systems, procedures and methods of analyzing, compiling, reporting and disseminating intelligence data; and/or Knowledge of organization(s) for and methods of collecting and analyzing intelligence data.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Digital Forensics
- Organizational Awareness
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on an SSBI with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be qualified to possess and maintain U.S. Army Military Intelligence Badge and Credentials (B&C;).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license and be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's license.
- Must be willing to occasionally work irregular hours.
- This position is designated Emergency Essential to support DA's mobilization and wartime mission during periods of increased tension or hostilities. The employee will be required to remain in the overseas position until relieved by proper authority because (1) no qualified and immediate replacement exists; and (2) having it vacant would: (a) impair the effective operation of essential military support systems; or (b) adversely impact the combat mission of deployed forces. Failure to remain in the position may result in separation for the efficiency of Federal Service (Ch 75, Title 5 USC, FPM Ch 752).
- A pre-employment physical exam is required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 35 position.
- This announcement is for a term position. Permanent employees who apply, are selected for, and ultimately accept this position will be converted to a term appointment. Term positions in DCIPS may be extended up to a maximum of five years. This position may be converted to permanent without further competition after completion of two years of continuous service in this position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: Visit http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instructions 1315.19 at http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/dodi/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. Citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information found at http://cpol.army.mil/library/permiss/2801ss.html before applying for or accepting this position.
- Salary includes applicable Target Local Market Supplement of 27.10%, subject to change.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476346400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-25
Salary: $94,796 to $123,234 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GG 13
Series: 0132 Intelligence
Appointment type: Excepted Service Term - 30 Sep 2019
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: WTST171649431334
Control number: 476346400