Defense Logistics Agency Customer Operations Manager in Whitehall, Ohio
America's Combat Logistics Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS CLAIMING PREFERENCE: PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER INFORMATION SECTION FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON VETERANS PREFERENCE CRITERIA.
This is a supervisory position; candidates must have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish the strategic goals and plans of the enterprise. A supervisor should have traits of leadership, positive thinking, genuine interest in people, initiative, decisiveness, tact and courtesy, fairness, integrity, teaching ability, and self-confidence. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
As a Customer Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as the Deputy to the Director of Customer Operations with delegated co-equal responsibility.
- Manage the accomplishments for the DLA Land and Maritime customer operations mission.
- Serve as senior civilian specialist and principal advisor within the DLA Activity concerning all customer operations matters.
- Draft two and/or three star communication plan such as, correspondence and presentations.
- Identify actions which may adversely influence agency sales or support and for coordinating engagement to minimize such impact
- Manage the integration and prioritization of customer needs.
- Coordinate demand plans and customer requirements with the appropriate supply chain.
- Represents the Director, Command and Agency at executive level meetings.
About this Position: This is an Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L;) Workforce Position in the Lifecycle Logistics Career Field. The incumbent will be required to become certified at Level III in the applicable career field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend the 24 months. AT&L; position requirements will be used in the evaluation criteria.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent Civilian DoD Employees. ICTAP (Must be in Commuting Area). Individuals with Special Appointing Authorities: Individuals w/Disabilities, Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Priority-S Military Spouses. http://www.hr.dla.mil/downloads/AppointingAuthorities/AOCdefinitions.pdf
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.
- See Conditions of Employment for requirements related to this position
To qualify for a Customer Operations Manager, your resume must support: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly related to this position. To be creditable, specialized experience must be at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade, time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Direct the integration, development, implementation and oversight of all customer relationship management activities.
- Execute customer Performance Based Agreements (PBAs) and coordinate staffing agreements.
- Evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other performance metrics relative to customer service goals.
- Coordinate demand plans and customer requirements.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of supervisory/managerial competencies including professionalism, leadership, teamwork, oral and written communication, strategic focus, responsibility and accountability and innovation and initiative, customer service and resource stewardship.
- Knowledge of strategic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) policies/guidance.
- Knowledge of military service customer base.
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other performance metrics relative to customer service goals.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:Work Schedule: Full-Time Tour of Duty: Flexible Overtime Work: Rarely Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive/Secret Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt Bargaining Unit Position: No Financial Filing Statement: Not Required Supervisory Probation: Required Completion of Supervisory Certification Program: Required License/Certifications: DAWIA Level III Life Cycle Logistics Emergency Essential: No Reemployed Annuitant: Does not meet criteria The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at: http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
What To Expect Next
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found among the most highly qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration, and you will receive a notification of referral. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and as part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete additional supplemental documents. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. If interviews are conducted, DLA uses a technique called Behavior Based Interviewing (BBI). Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Please review the General information and Definitions at: http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS: The Office of Personnel Management has published the end date for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as August 31, 2010. To receive veterans' preference for service during the Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom era, you must have served for more than 180 days between September 11, 2001 and August 31, 2010 OR be in receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. Additional information is available at http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Resources/VeteransPreferenceChanges.aspx. Other qualifying eligibility for preference (e.g., disability) remains unchanged.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476668100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $122,841 to $159,696 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 15
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: DLALndMartm-17-1998168-MP
Control number: 476668100