Integrated Deicing Services LLC Operations Supervisor in White Plains, New York
Integrated Deicing Services, LLC
Position: Operations Supervisor
Location: Westchester County Airport (HPN)
White Plains, NY 10604
Reports To: General Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company Mission Value Purpose (MVP).
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Manage all aspects of the daily operations as well as provide leadership and coaching to increase overall safety, performance, maintenance, flight operations, facility requirements and customer service for the assigned deicing location.
- Assist the General Manager and/or Operations Manager with station audits.
- Provide information needed for airline deicing reports, and handle all airline and FAA questions/concerns as required.
- Take proper measures to be sure that aircraft are deiced properly and airline manual requirements are met.
- Communicate regularly on airline manual updates to provide information to employees and coordinate with the General Manager and/or Operations Manager on investigations of any security issues and accident reviews.
- Be part of the review and recommendation process for safety measures taken to prevent further occurrences.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must possess 5 years of Airport/Airline or similar industry operational experience with a background in safety and regulatory compliance with all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- College Degree or combination of higher learning and related professional experience
- Valid US driver's license.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Successful completion of all IDS classroom and OJT de-/anti-icing training.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 50 pounds.
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15 foot heights for work.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
- Cannot be afraid of heights.
- Ability to travel 25% or more of the time.
- Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs would be required.
As a Federal Contractor we conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.