JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management - Operations Risk & Control Manager, Associate in Westerville, Ohio
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset & Wealth Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf.
J.P. Morgan offers expertise across wealth management disciplines to help clients advance towards their goals. By consistently keeping our clients informed, focusing on risk-adjusted returns and rapidly adjusting to tactical opportunities and risks, we stand by our clients through market cycles. J.P. Morgan's wealth management and solutions are provided through the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities Corporation.
• Provides an exceptional breadth and depth of wealth management solutions including investing, wealth structuring, capital advisory, philanthropy and banking
• More than a century of experience helping the world's wealthiest individuals and their families grow, manage and sustain their wealth to ultimately leave a lasting legacy
Bank products and services are offered through JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates. Securities are offered by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., member FINRA, NYSE and SIPC. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. is an affiliate of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is the marketing name for the private banking business conducted by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Wealth Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other lines of businesses, project managers, technology support and development teams, as well as others globally within JP Morgan Chase.
The Operations Control Analyst within Wealth Management Operations is responsible for working with various internal partners to maintain, enhance and promote a strong control environment and coordinate with Operations Management to improve the controls when gaps are detected. This position is an individual contributor role and will be involved with supporting credit and investment related functions globally. This person will also potentially be involved with supporting related business resiliency plans and documentation.
• Coordinate the periodic Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) testing performed in the businesses and assist with documentation, defining appropriate testing methodologies, and approvals.
• Evaluate the accuracy and completeness of the RCSA and liaise with Oversight and Control to ensure changes to the control environment are implemented timely.
• Validate and review controls in light of key business projects, business changes and operational events such as Migrations, New Product, On-boarding/Off-boarding and System Implementations.
• Input and maintain RCSA information in Phoenix.
• Monitor issues and action plans to ensure sufficient execution by the business. Ensure timely disposition and documentation in FORCE.
• Assist the business with preparation, monitoring and reporting for Audit, Compliance and Regulatory examinations.
• Provide oversight and consultation to the business on potential issues that arise with operations management, risk, compliance and products as necessary.
• Ensure operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations to maintain an effective control environment.
• Interface with various internal partners including Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Audit, Controllers, Product Risk and Controls, Compliance and Legal as necessary.
• Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field preferred. Compensating work experience will be considered.
• Minimum experience required: 3-5 years of experience in financial services, preferably in investment or credit related roles. Experience in a risk and control function strongly preferred. Management experience is a plus.
• Skills required: Operational risk analysis, process improvement and end-to-end process evaluation. Ability to work independently to achieve objectives and balance multiple activities concurrently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Aptitude for developing and leveraging effective relationships. Ability to isolate the root cause for control gaps and identify and suggest viable solutions. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to quickly learn policies and operational processes. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.