Penn Medicine Telephone Operator in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Job ID :66164
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
Specialty Area: Clerical/Administrative
Primary Shift: Weekend Night
Work Schedule: 11p-7a e/o Fri and Sat, wknd + holiday
Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 701 E Marshal St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Part Time Regular 19- hrs/wk
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Chester County Hospital prides itself on the high level customer service we provide to our community. If you are someone that enjoys helping others, demonstrates a willingness to learn, and have worked in a position where answering phones is a primary responsibility, this may be the job for you.
The switchboard operator is a frontline position for the hospital and is responsible for directing patients, friends, families, community members, physicians, and others to different areas of the hospital. The switchboard operator must use good judgment and communicate codes and alarms when necessary. If you are looking for a position where you can give back, work in a health care setting, and expand your customer service skills, please apply!
Minimum Requirements :
Education Training and Experience/Skills
• High school graduate or GED required
• Computer and Keyboarding skills required
• A minimum of two years previous customer service experience required
• Must be able to multi task and operate a computer based phone system
• Required to clearly speak, write, and understand the English language as well as be understood while speaking the English language.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handles busy communications center while providing excellent customer service.
• Accountable for handling all in-patient information calls.
• Monitors and responds to codes and alarms immediately and determines the appropriate action.
• Operates the Intelli-desk system, incorporating paging, physician registry and overhead paging.
• Makes changes to on-call schedules as needed. Responsible for distribution of new/spare/long range pagers, patient room telephones, TTY (Hearing impaired) equipment, batteries, and books on tape for the visually impaired.
• Accurately and legibly records all pertinent information in the log book and incident book and inform any relieving operator of abnormal or unusual circumstances verbally.
• Follow standard change-of-shift protocol and documentation.
• Uses good judgment, prioritizes work orders, and notify the “appropriate” supervisor of any unusual circumstances.
• Clearly mark all packages, envelopes, newspapers, etc., so that others can determine what action to take.
• Report all equipment malfunctions immediately or corrects as directed by department policy.
• Keep the department neat and clean.
• Adhere to department and CCH standards in all areas including confidentiality and security
Please visit https://www.pennmedicine.org/careers-at-penn-medicine to search and apply for any current openings.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.