Comcast Engineer 4, Load Balancing, Data Center and Enterprise Network Operations (XNOC) in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for support and operations of data center networking equipment to include load balancing, routing, and switching equipment. This includes incident management, working tickets, monitoring the status of the equipment, and reviewing/approving changes to the environment. Works to achieve operational compliance, identifying and addressing unique and timely solutions to operational gaps and adherence to development standards. Ensures compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Promotes a customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes and automation issues impacting operations. Serves as a technical subject matter expert (SME) and mentor for a highly technical group of engineers with deep knowledge.
- Responsible for Data Center and Enterprise Networking support.
- Incident break fix responsibly in a high pressure environment with a focus on meeting SLA
- Help to ensure all process and procedures are consistently applied.
- Drive adherence to standards and protocols
- Work closely with internal OSS teams and third party vendors to drive and improve tool utility / functionality and enterprise adoption
- Some ability to script network tasks using Perl or Python desired
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of Methods and Procedure for new technology deployments including engineering design packages and configuration integrity to comply with national standards.
- Responsible for mentoring of new employees and team initiatives.
- Ensure collaborative integration of Operations Team across all NE&TO, OSS, Field and BU organizations.
- Minimal direction required for job duties and high performance.
- Be available on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, Variable schedule(s) as necessary
Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Concentration in Engineering, Computer Science preferred.
Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
In-depth knowledge of routing, switching and load balancing protocols and technologies
In-depth knowledge/ previous experience with different vendor's equipment (Juniper/Cisco/Brocade/F5/A10/Arista)
Operational experience in large network support with a data center focus
Must have previous (strong) load balancing operations experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer