Xerox Business Operations Manager in Webster, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for managing and controlling the activities that provide operational support for a business segment or group. Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application. Leads process improvement initiatives through use of measurements, accountability, analysis and consideration of process alternatives in order to arrive at best practices.
• The primary objective of the Business Operations Manager is to develop and lead the strategy and implementation of key operational initiatives to deliver transformational changes to the business model of the organization, division or business. These initiatives include but are not limited to post sale performance improvement, offering simplification, customer experience/customer loyalty and value chain optimization.
• This role creates and implements operational strategies and tactics to drive the short and long terms business goals for the business operation assigned.
• This role then determines and pursues courses of action to enable innovative and leading edge changes with senior leaders across the global value chain for the business operation.
• This role is global in scope, has visibility across functional areas, and will have the degrees of freedom to drive total value for Xerox in support of the business objectives and key strategies for success.
• Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of organizational strategies
• Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges/ regulatory issues
• Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities
• May include international accountability; and may include some global accountability
• Develop and lead the strategy and implementation of complex cross organizational operational initiatives to deliver transformational changes to the business model of the organization / business group.
• Act as the decision authority with degrees of freedom to drive implementation of innovative and leading edge changes to the business. Drive decisions to enable trade-offs, gain buy-in and advocacy from senior leaders across the value chain including but not limited to Lines of Business, Operating Companies, Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Research/Development/Engineering, Global Purchasing, Order to Cash/Back Office, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting and Legal. Also, facilitate and coordinate all key activities for each operational initiative
• Leverage key functional analytics to understand key intersection and integration points that transcend individual organizations to gain deeper understanding of potential business opportunities and gaps. And then develop and lead operational scorecards to track initiatives and ongoing performance metrics
• Define high level business processes and procedures to enable future state changes.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Minimum LSS Green Belt Certification
Preferred LSS Black Belt Certification
Minimum Ability to champion projects and initiatives that affect the long term goals and objectives of their organization
Minimum Ability to lead initiatives cross-functionally and engage and influence partners without direct HR responsibility of resources
Minimum Ability to work with partners in Lines of Business, Operating Companies, Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Research/Development/Engineering, Global Purchasing, Order to Cash/Back Office, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting and Legal.
Minimum Demonstrates successful and innovative performance in key business operations roles
Minimum Ability to work independently with minimal direction towards long range targets
Minimum Ability to work with, influence and communicate to all levels of management
Minimum Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
Minimum Strong organizational, complex problem-solving, project management and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
Minimum Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within an environment of changing priorities
Minimum Proven leadership and business acumen skills
Additional Role Requirements:
In the US, this role is located in Rochester, NY
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Business Operations Manager
Location: New York-Webster
Requisition ID: 17005337
Virtual/work from home? No