Exelon Corporation Supervisor Facilities Operations in Washington, District Of Columbia
Supervises internal and external resources and activities involved in the day-to-day operation and security of the Company's portfolio of occupied buildings and facilities and tracks performance against credible benchmarks. Evaluates and negotiates bids, makes selections and manages work to completion. Scope of operations includes management, maintenance and security for office facilities, regional service centers and reporting centers (including garage and warehouse facilities) and substations. Responsible for achieving operating cost targets and customer satisfaction goals established by the Department's business plan. Supervises and manages the performance of a facilities maintenance group made up of Company employees and external service providers. Exercises leadership in the area of safety and diversity and sustains a high level of employee commitment among staff.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and 5 - 8 years experience, or in lieu of degree, 9 - 12 years business experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of facilities management planning, scheduling and maintenance of facility equipment. Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems.
• Effective performance management skills and demonstrated success as a supervisor or manager.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies that involve the effective use of technology and performance improvement.
• Ability to negotiate effectively on behalf of the Company with contractors and other service providers.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Demonstrated success in achieving challenging business goals, assuming leadership role and delivering effective solutions to business problems in a corporate setting.
• Proven ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
• Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers