B3 Group Inc Network Operations Manager (Washington DC) in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Network Operations Manager (Washington DC) Delivery – Washington DC, District of Columbia
Apply for this Job
Employment Type Full time
Minimum Experience Manager/Supervisor
B3 Group Inc. is looking for an experienced Network Operations Manager to oversee the operation of servers, networks, and systems for a federal agency in Washington DC. This role will be responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network. They will lead efforts to analyze network and server environments and make recommendations for upgrades and changes. This role will also assess the organization's current and future network needs. The successful candidate will be able to lead and manage a team of Network Engineers. They will have expertise in how to run various networks, systems and servers efficiently.
Leads all network staff and operations for a highly specialized service center.
Ensures seamless, transparent support to government customers and stakeholders.
Coordinates support with multiple teams to meet operational goals.
Work collaboratively with a variety of departmental managers to continuously identify improvements, drive efficiency, and ensure effective performance.
Maintain an over-arching, service level-driven performance monitoring and management approach that enables transparent monitoring of inputs and outputs.
Oversees the daily operations of network staff and records incidents and changes.
Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Provide timely, accurate, and consistent technical infrastructure and network service and support to customers and stakeholders.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline, or a minimum of 8 years’ equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ network operations experience, including at least 2 years of supervisory or management experience.
• Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer skills are a must as well as strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies.
• Ability to adapt well to diverse environments and lead and work collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience supporting Federal clients and/or experience supporting Department of Housing and Urban Development strongly preferred.
• Preference will be given to those individuals where their primary residency is located in a qualified HUBZone (http://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/)
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
• You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future
• You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but support their mission in a way that meets the client's mission
• You like to make your client look good
• You find solutions, not problems
• You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well
• You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole
• You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
• 10 Paid Company Holidays Annually
• Annual Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
• Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
• 401(k) plan with retirement matching
• All employees are eligible for performance-based bonus program recognizing outstanding contributors
About B3 Group, Inc.
B3 Group, Inc. is an Information Technology (IT) consulting firm that provides staffing, services, and solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Founded in 2008, B3 is an emerging, privately-held, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business(SDVOSB) and HUBZone qualified company located in Leesburg, VA. Our continued growth offers opportunity for you to succeed and grow in your career.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.