Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) Operations Research Analyst in Warren, Michigan
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:Serves as Operations Research Analyst within the Materiel Systems Organization (MSO) with responsibility for developing life cycle cost estimates, developing economic analyses, performing earned value management tasks, and other cost analysis related work.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrantsreferred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
As an Operations Research Analyst you will perform duties such as:
- Develop cost, mathematical, statistical, and other automated data system design models for identification, collection, and analysis of all data used to support cost estimates.
- Perform research and examines historical information to determine whether valid relationships can established to develop cost estimates.
- Present and defend project outcomes at meetings with customers and higher echelons.
- Refine and adjust models in response to changes in technical specifications, design changes, and support requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 10% business travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Internal Employees/Agency Employees Only, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Army Acquisition Workforce Position
- Intermediate Level II Certification - Business - Cost Estimating
- Must file an initial and annual Financial Disclosure Statement
- Position requires a Secret security clearance
- See Other Requirements section below
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) conducting operational research studies utilizing mathematical and statistical techniques such as quantitative and qualitative analysis; (2) collecting raw data for cost estimating (3) evaluating business data to develop conclusions and/or courses of action; (4) collaborating with team members; (5) and briefing results to business customers and/or stakeholders.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Operations Research Principles, Theories, and Practices
- Skill in Cost Analysis
- Skill in Data Collection and Analysis
- Skill in Systems Analysis
- Ability to Communicate
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree: A Bachelor's Degree in Operations Research; or a Bachelor's Degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
You must attach a copy of your transcripts with this application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. A personnel security investigation will be adjudicated on a pre-appointment basis which may take up to 90 days or longer to process. The selectee may be allowed to start work prior to adjudication if management approved. Obtaining and maintaining a Secret security clearance is a condition of employment. If the security clearance is denied or revoked, the incumbent may be denied or removed from the position.
- Incumbent is required to submit an initial and annual Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006.
- This is an Army Acquisition Technology, and Logistics Workforce position, requiring you to possess an Intermediate Level II certification in the Acquisition Career field, Business - Cost Estimating, or complete this certification within 24 months of appointment.
- Position may be filled by temporary promotion not to exceed five years. Temporary Promotion will be made in one year increments up to five years.
- Position may be filled by temporary reassignment not to exceed five years. Temporary Reassignment will be made in one year increments up to five years.
- Competitive temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Competitive temporary reassignment may be made permanent without further competition.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474215900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-21
Salary: $78,829 to $102,481 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 1515 Operations Research
Appointment type: Temporary NTE 5 Years
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCBV171746931985765
Control number: 474215900