Schlumberger Equipment Operator in Von Ormy, Texas
Assist Rig crew and Maintenance crew in the preparation of drilling operations, maintenance operations and Rig move preparation. Operate and maintain wheel-loader or forklift. Service quality, job preparation and safety are key priorities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meeting with all members of the Rig crew.
• Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
“Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.”
• Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the Training Matrixes for the position.
• Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
• Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
• Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
• Makes up part of emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
• Performs manual labor around the rig.
• Assist in handling of all Rig equipment.
• Relieve Floorhands on drill floor.
• Assist the Driller and the Derrickhand in preparation of drilling equipment.
• Keep Rig location, tubular and other tools clean and organized.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Driller and Derrickhand.
• Carries out regular housekeeping and painting, and routine maintenance of drill floor substructure, mud tanks and drilling equipment.
• Assist Derrickhand to mix drilling fluids and chemicals.
• Prepare for Rig up and Rig down of equipment.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
• Has the physical fitness and willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments.
• Is a certified Forklift driver based on the Competency Catalog and local regulations.
• Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
• Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
• Is a relentless and versatile learner.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
• Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
• Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.