Rain for Rent Mill Operator 1 in Visalia, California
Post Date: 4/27/2017
Title: Mill Operator 1
Part Time: No
Travel Required: No
Requisition Number: 17-0278
Description: What we do:
Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical
liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our
Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers’ expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
•Rain for Rent is Liquid Ingenuity
Rain for Rent’s employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than
65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
As a Mill Operator, you will be responsible for the set up of the Tube Mill, attend the operation of the roll form tube mill that produces aluminium pipe and attend to the equipment operations involved in the production process. Duties Include:
• Being mechanically inclined.
• Loading start up tube mill machine for any wall thickness required.
• Taking samples and determine weld quality
• Evaluating machine performance and make necessary changes to improve operations.
•Using various stacking methods for different size pipes and job orders.
• Checking pipe for straightness, O.D., and length conformation
• Performing machine maintenance including checking saw oil, and oilier, bar bearings, and adjusting brushes and gas tip.
• Setting up mill and presses to run varying lengths of pipe according to job orders.
• Patching pipe and splice sheeting with tig welder as needed.
• Checking product for quality.
• Completing daily machine reports
• Following all company safety policies and wear protective gear as required
• Assisting other operators in trouble shooting machine or production problems
Requirements: Required Qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent
What we offer:
• Advancing your career through company provided training and development
• A competitive base salary and Quarterly Safety Bonus’
• Employees also participate in excellentBenefitsincluding: Medical, dental, vision and a robust 401k plan
When you join the Rain for Rent team, you will have the opportunity to make friends in the course of doing good business and can contribute positively to your community. The choice is easy. Join the Rain for Rent team today.
Rain for Rent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other
statuses protected by law.