Cigna Program Enablement & Analytics Operations Lead (Operations Senior Director) in United States
CareAllies is an innovativepopulation health management services company focused on helping physiciansgroups and delivery systems navigate the transition to value-based care on amulti-payer basis. A Cigna Company,launched in 2016, CareAllies was built upon a foundation of two best-in-classorganizations with long-standing, impressive results and deep expertise. Quest, formerly a division of Cigna HealthSpring, has a long and industry-leading track record of supporting theorganization of physician groups across the country and successfullyfacilitating their participation in value-based payment arrangements on amulti-payer basis. QANI was built by several New Jersey hospitals to supporttheir own effort to provide coverage and to improve population health for theiremployees, as well as to support their participation in government andcommercial accountable care organization models. Recently, CareAllies welcomed Alegis Care,and innovative, home-based complex care management company into theorganization.
Today, CareAllies bringsthe best of these organizations to market with deep expertise and decades ofexperience across the provider spectrum from independent physicians group tointegrated delivery systems. CareAlliesis nationally known for its work to enable over 6,000 physicians and over 250physician and health system organizations across the United States toparticipate in the transition from volume to value on a multi-payer basis andto stand up provider-sponsored health plans. Our consultative approachemphasizes physician engagement, delivery system organization and culturechange, actionable data and analytics, home-based complex care management, andprovider-sponsored health plan services.
Reporting to the CoreOperations Lead, this role will be responsible for building a scalable businessmodel and supporting implementation processes that will serve as the framework forthe intake, onboarding and integration of provider enablement engagements. Working closely with key internal andexternal constituents, the Implementation and Analytics Operations Lead willdevelop a full-scale integrated project plan, define implementation resourcerequirements, assemble an implementation team and coordinate onboarding activitieswith pertinent servicing entities including Clinical Operations, ProviderEngagement, QANI, Alegis Care, Quest andCigna enterprise (where applicable). The Implementation and AnalyticsOperations Leader will also be accountable for the work intake process, bothpre-and post-LOI and for managing and developing the analytics operations atCareAllies. The role also entailshelping toward CareAllies transition to agile, in partnership with IT and withother enterprise centers of excellence.
This will be a highly visible position withinthe organization that is critical to meeting the company’s growth and financialobjectives.
·Oversee sophisticated data mining operations,as required, as part of the initial solution development
·Translates data mining results into clearbusiness focused deliverables for decision makers
·Works with Application Developers to deploydata mining models into operational systems
·Provide business leadership for CareAlliestransition to Agile
·Defines and recommends best practices forapplying data mining to problem domain
·Integrates advanced analytics into end-to-endbusiness intelligence solutions and operational business processes
·Regularly leads in the technical assessmentand delivery of specific analytics technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to highperformance, and manages the team lifecycle stages
·Provides advanced technical consulting andadvice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management,tuning, and modification of solutions
·Responds to requests for technicalanalytics information from customers. Develops customer technology solutionsusing various industry products and technologies.
·Engages in technical problem solving acrossmultiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to thesituation
·Builds an intake framework and process.Roll out process across stakeholder with appropriate controls and gating toensure intake KPIs are met.
·Directsand manages pertinent provider engagements from contractual agreement throughtransition into the identified business units; is able to effectively navigateacross the enterprise to ensure full value of the partnership is realizedthrough implementation and leading into future-state strategic and businessplans specific to growth in revenue, membership and collaborative carealignment.
·Leadsthe effort in coordination with the implementation units within the operatingteams (Clinical Operations, Provider Engagement, QANI, Quest, etc.).
·Definesproject scope, goals and deliverables that support implementation timeline incollaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Ensures that adoptedgoals and strategies are then relayed throughout the Implementation Team,
oFacilitates working sessionsto define transition plans, activities, and contingency plans to eliminateobstacles to on-time completion of the delivery system alliance implementation.
oManagethe end-to-end integration process from creation of the initial integrationplan with milestones and timelines required to achieve deal specific value andsynergies, to execution of the tactical on-boarding, to providing a clearroadmap for ongoing ownership to complete the integration.
·Organizesand manages issue and issue resolution through escalation forums to address thefollowing:
opeople, processand technology enablement issues
oproject risks,brand management risks
·Developsimplementation solutions to administrative and operational processes that alignwith strategic direction, contractual requirements and standards.
·Ensurethat the right integration and implementation strategy and performancemeasurements for success are developed based on the specifics of thecontractual agreement and expected outcomes of the arrangement.
·Leada virtual cross-functional integration team consisting of operational experts,business unit and functional representatives, and newly acquired employees withina complex, matrix environment.
·Providethought leadership and analytical rigor to identify operational andimplementation issues pre- and post- alliance, developing solutions, and drivingdecision making and escalation across multiple stakeholders
·Responsiblefor quickly engaging with leadership and key staff from alliance partners toensure a sense of belonging, contribution and value.
·Navigates providerthrough implementation and on-boarding; must successfully lead all constituentsthrough change management touch points to minimize obstacles in implementationand maximize leveraging of partnership readiness.
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare, or related field equivalent experience.
- Direct working experience in both the delivery system and payer environment, with deep industry knowledge of the success drivers from these organizations
- Solid operator with background in Client Implementations.
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Expertise in agile and experience working in organizations that have adopted agile
- Ability to be an influential business partner who can lead through influence and garner support from cross-functional executives to ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Solid understanding of Deal Financials and Modeling
- Solid understanding of the Corporate and Business Development cycle/process around acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Must be able to blend strategic advisory with strong process, project and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including training delivery
- Proven track record of delivering results of high quality and sustainability
- Strong business acumen, proven ability to apply Quality and Operating Effectiveness tools & methods to a wide variety of business applications
- Proven ability to lead within a matrix environment, including direct reports, internal associates, and consultants
- Proven ability to drive organizational change
- Excellent leadership skills including a demonstrated ability in managing a vision, communicating its purpose, and influencing the results
- Dealing with Ambiguity –Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Negotiation – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.Negotiates professionally, using objective wording and an even tone; Argues convincingly for issues but knows when to concede; Uses ready understanding of others’ perspective to address issues with a successful mixture of empathy and logic; Brings disputes quickly to resolution by identifying the most critical needs of both parties and ensuring they are addressed; Recognizes when attempts to influence are ineffective and changes courseMay leave people-damage in his/her wake; may walk over people's feelings; may always need to win; may hang on to a position too long; may become overly accommodating and be reluctant to walk away; may need to smooth over everything; may take too long to get things decided.
- Professional Savvy – Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Assessing Talent – Is a good judge of talent; after reasonable exposure, can articulate the strengths and limitations of people inside or outside the organization; can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.Articulates assessments of people with remarkable accuracy; Picks up quickly on the characteristics that matter at CIGNA; Asks penetrating questions to get beneath people’s veneer; Does not let one or two instances unduly bias overall impression of people;Counsels others on how to effectively assess people, including how to leverage current informationMay be hypercritical of others; may be unwilling to alter an initial judgment about others; may not look for or be open to further evidence; may miss on slow starters and quiet and less expressive people.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Managing through Systems – Can design practices, processes, and procedures which allow managing from a distance; is comfortable letting things manage themselves without intervening; can make things work through others without being there; can impact people and results remotely.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.Focuses on engaging others in the course of delivering on goals; Looks for opportunities to publicly acknowledge others’ accomplishments Improves others’ performance by using tailored advice and positive reinforcement; Understands others’ stylistic preferences and adapts approaches accordingly; Taps into the values and feelings to address issues beneath the surfaceMay not be good at building team spirit because of an emphasis on individuals; may be seen as providing inequitable treatment by treating each person individually; may not take tough stands when the situation calls for it; may take too long getting input; may be reluctant to assign work with tough deadlines.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.Puts in extra effort to accomplish goals on time; Readily tries a variety of approaches to ensure success; Overcomes roadblocks without being deterred by initial set-backs; Works with team members to overcome obstacles to group projects; Does not procrastinate, even about distasteful projects that would deter othersMay stick to efforts beyond reason, in the face of overwhelming odds and evidence to the contrary; may be seen as stubborn and unyielding; may not set appropriate priorities; may find it difficult to change course; may confuse personal have-to-do's with what most needs to be done.
- Influential Leadership – Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
· Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose;Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations; is Optimistic; Createsmileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision
· Strategic Agility – Is able to come up with the next greatbreakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation;is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiplefutures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring excitingideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without allof the data
· Experience managing agile teams of analystsand programmers
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Accountability / Ownership – Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others
- Collaboration – Identifies opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other area, teams, departments or organization to help achieve business goals.
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: United States
Job: Bus Ops--Operations Mgmt (Bus)
Employee Status: Manager of Managers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2017, 9:05:42 AM