Drake International Operations Supervisor - Night Shift in United States
If you are interested in this job please select "Apply for this Job!" at the bottom of this page. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
Operations Supervisor - Night Shift
What is in it for you?
Our east end client is looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor to join their organization!
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising all operational activities for the respective shift and Terminal to ensure fulfillment of company service level agreements with clients, and that undamaged shipments arrive at client site pre-8 a.m.
Ensures facility, vehicles, equipment, staff and operational activities comply with corporate policy, procedures and related legislation and regulations.
· Ensure there is adequate staff capacity to perform the required tasks and meet Operational objectives.
· Manage resources through scheduling and approving vacations, reallocating staff to cover absences, reviewing hours, and reporting hours worked for payroll.
· Participate in full cycle recruitment process, ensure proper orientation and training, provide ongoing coaching and professional development opportunities and conduct performance evaluations for all staff.
· Work with Operations Management to determine workforce planning measures.
· Plan work activities for warehouse staff and drivers and allocate appropriate resources to activities to fulfill performance requirements of the shift.
· Communicate regularly with leads and staff to ensure everyone understands performance expectations, safety and corporate updates are relayed, and any issues are resolved throughout the shift.
· Ensure all staff are aware of performance metrics and standards required for their role and provide constructive ongoing performance feedback and coaching.
· Support employee development and ensure that all required training is completed on time.
· Evaluate route productivity and costs; take appropriate action to meet objectives in conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager Ontario.
· Conduct monthly crew meetings under the direction of the Senior Operations Manager.
· Monitor and ensure successful implementation of the Driver Orientation training for new recruits in collaboration with Senior Operations Manager.
· Control of direct and indirect Operations cost.
· Maintain a positive, safe and productive work environment and resolve disputes and complaints in collaboration with Human Resources and the Senior Operations Manager.
· Responsible for providing input into new policies and procedures to improve safety, service and performance.
· Act as a change agent in the implementation of new policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance and adoption.
· Review all communications and directives related to operational activities and client requests required for the shift.
· Direct the operations of the warehouse team to achieve pre- 8 a.m. commitments, service and delivery objectives.
· Examine misdirects, undeliverable freight, OS&D and scanning on a daily basis
· Responsible for ensuring that line-haul drivers arrive and depart on time
· Coordinate all areas of operations to ensure that the correct and full shipment arrives at each client site before 8 a.m. as per service level agreements.
· Ensure all drivers complete pre and post trip circle checks and submit the Vehicle Inspection Report and Safety sheet each shift.
· Ensure vehicles are in good working order and equipment and required documentation inventories are fulfilled before the shift starts.
· Responsible in collaboration with leads for vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs.
· Ensure the warehouse staff and drivers safely and efficiently load and unload trucks and trailers in compliance with established policies, health and safety standards and material handling protocols.
· Oversee the efficient picking and movement of product from staging and storage bays into outbound trailers and oversee docking activities.
· Ensure piece counts are completed for designated clients.
· Arrange for Customer Pick-Ups.
· Daily review of scanning reports and driver call in reports to ensure compliance with standards.
· Review incident reports and take appropriate action and recommend time frames
· Investigate losses and damages claims ensuring all claims are resolved in a timely manner.
Compliance & Reporting
· Create and maintain a safe environment for all warehouse staff by ensuring all staff is properly trained, aware of potential hazards, maintain safe working habits and hygiene practices.
· Conduct monthly inspections of the facility and keep the facility in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
· Conduct Road Tests for “G”, “DZ” and “AZ” company drivers and brokers if necessary.
· Responsible to complete the daily KPI and pre-alert reports.
· Responsible for ensuring drivers complete and maintain all required paperwork including log books, vehicle inspection reports, safety sign off sheets, run sheets, and return all waybills.
· Review log books and hours worked to ensure compliance with legislation and regulations.
· Ensure all required roles have current and up-to-date training in Defensive Driving, Dangerous Goods, Forklift license, an active Driver’s License and CVOR in good standing.
· Report forklift hours, review, approve and submit bi-weekly payroll and broker pay.
· Review fuel reports bi-weekly for accuracy and review line haul mileage monthly.
· Prepare monthly Operations cost log and outline cost exceptions.
· Routine audits of trailers/tractors for proper documentation
· Ensure Motor Vehicle infractions, accidents and collisions reporting processes are followed.
· Responsible for investigating Health and Safety or Vehicle Collision incidents, near misses and accidents and where appropriate providing employees with WSIB Form 7.
· 5 years of experience Transportation operations.
· Minimum 2 years supervising warehouse operations and driving staff in a fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety and Transportation related legislation and regulations.
· At least one year of experience driving commercial truck for Pick Up and Delivery.
· 3 years of experience in working with Dangerous Goods.
· 3 years with general material handling procedures and related equipment knowledge for load securement and balancing.
· Minimum 1 year experience monitoring and managing CVOR and Hours of Service requirements.
· Minimum 1 year of recent experience driving a forklift.
· Experience developing reports in MS Excel.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required to communicate with staff and management and develop required reports.
· Strong leadership and management skills to ensure a positive, safe and productive work environment.
· Strong problem solving skills required to investigate and issues, and manage operations under changing conditions.
· Sense of urgency and commitment to task completion required to ensure operational goals.
· Attention to detail required to ensure all tasks and reporting requirements are accurate and complete.
· Ability to develop strong and positive relationships with staff, management and clients.
Education & Training:
· High School diploma
· College diploma or degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Forklift license.
· Dangerous Goods Training.
· G class driver license in good standing.
· AZ class driver license is an asset.
41k - 50k
Apply for this Job! Tell A Friend