Goldman Sachs & Co. Operations – Private Wealth Management – Strategic Projects Team – Associate – Salt Lake City in United States
Operations – Private Wealth Management – Strategic Projects Team – Associate – Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you looking for a role where you will solve complex strategic problems that directly impact the future of Private Wealth Management? As a member of the Strategic Projects Team, you will deepen your skillset by working across divisions on large scale infrastructure projects.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Strategic Projects Team is a team of subject matter experts focused on reengineering the PWM infrastructure. We partner closely with key stakeholders across the firm to ensure that we are building best in class, scalable solutions that reduce risk and streamline processes.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential:
• Collaborate with industry experts across Operations, Technology, PWM Business, Compliance, and Legal to develop best in class solutions
• Develop a strategic mindset by focusing on large scale, long term projects
• Showcase your attention to detail by drafting comprehensive business requirements documents and complex testing specifications
• Gain a new understanding of risk management though process engineering
• Broaden your industry and regulatory knowledge
Skills & Experience We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree
• Three or more years of work experience in Operations, Project Management, or related field
• Strong focus on control, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize work under tight deadlines
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and commitment to a superior work product
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills; must be confident in interacting with all levels of employees and navigating a global organization
• Experience working on complex projects across multiple regions and/or lines of businesses and products
• Experience managing large data sets and databases
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.