Polaris Industries Operations Development Program (ODP) - Manufacturing / Operations in United States
Req No. 9308BR
Title Operations Development Program (ODP) - Manufacturing / Operations
Job Category Manufacturing
Job Description Join the Operations Development Program (ODP) within one of the most dynamic companies in the power sports industry. Participating in this 2-3 year program will allow you to have several unique rotational experiences. Each rotation will present you with both business and technical challenges that will push you to accelerate your development. You will have opportunities to expedite your knowledge of the business, develop innovative solutions to real business challenges the company is facing and build a network of Polaris’ top Operations Leadership.
Locations Vary: MN, IA, WI, AL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an ODP, you could work in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Safety, Lean. Selected students are matched with rotational opportunities that support business strengths & needs, personal development and interests.
ODP rotational opportunities could include ( but are not limited to ): Manufacturing Engineer, Production Supervisor, Material Flow Analyst, Lean, Safety, International and many other opportunities.
The first 2-3 years of your career will be spent within different rotational experiences that will develop crucial skillsets that will build your knowledge base of the industry. Challenge yourself where every assignment has a new set of business problems that require you to have a wide range of experience within a variety of roles from the very foundation of your career. Champion your Project Management skills through planning, leading and executing key assignments that track directly to the business goals. Monitor and improve both product and process performance in order to improve quality and drive down overall costs for the company. Have the autonomy to bring innovative solutions to the table that will have the ability to advance Polaris’ manufacturing processes. Stretch yourself with complex cross-functional projects that go beyond assignments that most new college graduates would get to participate in. Drive solutions to real-world business problems that the company is facing. Receive hands on experiences and in-depth training and career mentoring, providing you with all the tools necessary to have a successful career in Operations with an expressed desire to obtain a leadership role.
CHECKLIST FOR SUCCESS:
· You should be passionate about pursuing a career in operations, have a natural curiosity to learn more about the field, and be willing to stretch yourself in order to develop critical skills and knowledge that will help grow the company.
· You should have a proven track record of taking on leadership roles and succeeding within past Intern and Co-op experiences.
· While in the rotational program, you will need to be willing to relocate into different roles and locations within the company. Ultimately relocation will accelerate your development tremendously.
· For ongoing career advancement, long term mobility beyond the rotational program is essential.
· You should hold a strong minimum overall GPA of a 3.0 in order to demonstrate your focus on continual learning and development.
· You should be proficient in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint
Program Participants will be full-time Polaris employees with a salary that is competitive to the market and a full benefits package that is unique to the company including:
· You will be eligible for the program giving you access to a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand.
· Polaris is a Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee.
· Polaris not only has a 401K Plan, but also matches a portion of the employee’s contributions to the plan.
· Polaris supports employees who want to further their education through a tuition reimbursement program.
· Polaris has an award winning culture – Voted “Best Places to Work” 3 years in a row!
Education Requirements 4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required Entry Level
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.