Alvarez and Marsal Operations Associate, Insurance and Risk Advisory Services in United States
Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services is seeking to expand its Insurance and Risk Advisory Services team. With more than 2,800 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M;’s Insurance and Risk Advisory Services (IRAS) practice, with offices throughout the US and London provides a full range of consulting services throughout the insurance sector including carriers, corporations, private equity, regulatory and government entities. We operate with efficient, highly experienced teams who are accustomed to solving complex problems and delivering rapid results. Unlike other advisors, A&M; brings the proven capability and experience to develop and implement solutions in support of business transformations.
Our professionals are aligned with IRAS service lines to promote the development of deep functional skills and experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our Insurance and Risk Advisory Services include:
- Risk Management Solutions
- Health & Welfare Solutions
- Regulatory Support
- Data and Analytics Solutions
- Insurance Process Improvement
Our professionals form cross-functional teams to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Some of our client solutions include Cyber Risk Management; Insurance Merger Integration and Divestiture; and Data Analytics for Insurance Profitable Growth.
IRAS is a growing business targeting high growth in the next 2-5 years. Reporting to the Global Operations Lead, the Operations Associate will support the day-to-day operations of the fast-growing IRAS team and will have a strong impact on the future operations processes for the team. The individual will bring strong project management and organizational skills as well as learning agility to support the broad variety of operation projects and activities. The role provides ample opportunity for growth and expansion of responsibilities over time.
This candidate will be based in New York.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Accounting, Finance, and practice leadership, coordinate project set up in financial systems and manage client invoicing and billing.
- Manage relevant financial reporting, tracking, updates, and reconciliations.
- Working with the leaders of the practice and internal Marketing team, coordinate marketing activities, such as conferences and events, from conceptual planning to execution. Coordinate external website content and editorial calendar for multi-channel marketing activities.
- Manage pipeline reporting (Salesforce) and internal knowledge management processes.
- Liaising with internal Talent Acquisition and practice leadership, manage recruiting activities.
- Manage staffing updates and forecasting.
- Manage various internal meetings agendas and coordinate development of presentations for monthly full-team meetings.
- Provide support for client proposal development, presentations, and RFP responses on as needed basis.
- Support the day-to-day needs of the team and drive various issue resolution interfacing with various shared services partners, e.g., IT, Facilities, HR, etc.
- Drive innovation in all areas of responsibility.
- The successful candidate will be a driven self-starter, and have strong project management, change management and communication skills. The individual will be comfortable driving “big picture” strategic innovation in various areas of operations and well as rolling up the sleeves on various day-to-day activities. Specific characteristics include:
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel, PPT, Word
- Financial skills and highly analytical mind-set
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, energy, confidence and outstanding communication skills
- Self-motivated and effective in a fast-paced culture
- Track record of success and experience in driving operational improvements
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize efforts
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences of all levels of seniority
- Salesforce experience preferred
- MS SharePoint experience a big plus
- Corporate Finance and/or Accounts Receivable background a plus
Prior experience with professional service organizations a plus
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time