IREX Operations and Administrative Coordinator in United States
DATE REVISED: Aug 8, 2017
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
*POSITION TITLE: *Operations and Administrative Coordinator
*REPORTS TO: *Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for Finance and Operations
*LOCATION: *Guatemala City, Guatemala
ABOUT IREX* *
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified candidates for the position of Operations and Administrative Coordinator for its five-year, USAID-funded Harnessing Emerging Political Leadership for an Accountable Guatemala project (EPL). This role will support a program that aims to build an equitable and representative cadre of future political leaders in Guatemala. The Operations and Administrative Coordinator will provide logistic and operational support to the project, including facilities, procurement, office management, human resource coordination, travel logistics, and event logistics.
Citizens of Guatemala encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party for Finance and Operations, coordinate human resources policies and procedures, including recruitment, job posting, staff orientation and onboarding, and handling benefits and other local labor requirements.
- Manage office and facilities, including furniture and equipment procurement, repairs and maintenance, insurance, security, utilities, and IT services.
- Support office and staff safety and security in line with IREX policies.
- Provide efficient and high-quality administrative support to project, ensuring compliance with IREX and USAID policies and procedures.
- Assist program staff to arrange local, regional and international travel logistics as needed.
- Support Finance and Accounting staff with procurement process as needed, including payments to vendors, following USAID and IREX financial policies and guidelines
- Provide logistical support for all EPL trainings and program events.
- Manage arrangements with venues, including securing training or conference space, lodging, meals, and required materials
- Coordinate with participants and program partners on travel, food, transportation, lodging, and other logistics
- Provide logistical and administrative support as needed, including preparing documents, managing files and materials, and photocopying/scanning.
- Oversee IREX vehicles and supervise drivers; manage vehicle scheduling, reporting, and compliance.
- Occasional travel within Guatemala if needed.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of relevant work experience providing administrative and logistical support.
- BA degree in finance, business administration, or other relevant field
- Knowledge of and ability to use MS Office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills.
- Fluency in Spanish; English language skills preferred.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE