Gate Safe Inc Operational Lead in United States
Discover the Difference You Can Make at ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc.
Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Operational Lead Security Coordinator at O'hare International Airport in Chicago, IL.
ACTS is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. and has a national team of professional, highly trained security staff serving 90 airlines at 35 airports across the nation. The majority of our team is dedicated to our core security business of airline catering and is rapidly expanding into new markets and other areas of airport security such as aircraft sweeps and cargo screening.
Reporting to Manager,Operations, the Operational Lead Security Coordinator ensures food carts, catering equipment, and catering trucks are secured in the catering kitchens and en route to the aircraft according to TSA and Airline regulations. Ensures that all other lines of business including cargo screening, passenger wanding, gate guarding and aircraft monitoring are accomplished according to TSA and Airline regulations. Serves in a leadership capacity and as a representative of Gate Safe. Primarily utilized in units without on-site management; or in units having complex service requirements, multiple location operations, and/or larger employee base. Adheres to and promotes Gate Safe, Inc. commitment to quality of service, compliance with customer specifications and government agency regulations and focus on safety in the work environment described in ACTS's General Operating Policy 0.1 and all policies referred to within.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Performs all duties and functions of Security Coordinator as required, with regularly scheduled lines on the roster and/or provides ad hoc support to the operation.
- Provides support to GSI Leads and Security Coordinators in the daily activities established by the customer’s requirements.
- Performs or assists in scheduling and assigning the Security Coordinators to ensure proper coverage and relief for the Gate Safe operation.
- Serves as a liaison for the Local Airline Customers, Host Catering units, and TSA or other Government Authorities.
- Ensures and maintains all security related records as indicated by the local Airline Customers, TSA and other Government Authorities.
- Ensures that all Government, Customer, Airlines, and local requirements are met.
- Ensures adherence to work rules and recommends to Management necessary discipline for Security coordinators in the event of non-compliance
- Reports all daily, weekly, monthly activities to the appropriate member of management.
- Conducts and ensures that all training and orientation are provided to employees.
- Works with Regional HR Manager to recruit, hire, and retain highest quality security coordinators.
- Maintains all provisions, regulations, procedures and processes in current collective bargaining agreement.
- Performs SCORs video reviews and other operational audits as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Gate Safe management.
- To be determined based on experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates degree preferred
Work Experience :
- A minimum of 2 years in a lead or operations supervisor role or 3 years on the job experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a FBI fingerprint check (SIDA Badge) and a confirmed 10-year background check (10 year listed; 5 year verified employment history).
- Not have been convicted of any of the listed FAA Disqualifying Crimes;
- Ability to bend, push, and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Strong administrative skills
- Must have excellent knowledge of operation
Communication Skills :
- Possess written and oral communication skills in English.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- None.* *
Environmental Requirements :
- Works non standard work hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: _ http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf._
Metro Area Location: Chicago
State/Territory: US - Illinois (IL)