Master Brand Cabinets Inc MORE- Manufacturing Operations Rotation Experience Program in United States
The MBCI Operations Rotation Experience (MORE) Program gives recent college graduates and qualified internal candidates the opportunity to gain valuable experience and contacts within Operations and other Corporate functions through their rotational assignments. The aim of this program is to develop highly skilled Operations Leaders, both in the technical and management tracks. This employee development program takes participants through a variety of assignments that provide the exposure, challenge, and skills needed to jump-start their career. Successful MORE participants who demonstrate their leadership abilities can rapidly advance their careers at MasterBrand Cabinets. The MORE Program is a two year program that rotates participants through a number of rotations in the key functions of Operations.
Core rotation areas include:
- Continuous Improvement (Lean)
- Operations Leadership
The candidate will also complete at least three elective rotations as part of the program. Elective rotations can be in any of the following areas, depending on participant interest and business need:
- Supply Chain
- Materials Management
- Human Resources
- Complete rotation specific curriculum and deliverables
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned
- Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives
- Gain buy-in from stakeholders in matrix organization structure
- Demonstrate close loop problem solving utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Demonstrate leadership ability in multiple scenarios; direct reporting team, peers, and on projects
- Report out to Executive Leadership on rotation experiences and performance
- Develop business acumen by taking the time to understand the business – the products, processes, channels, and the people
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Resilient and able to deal with challenging situations in a positive manner
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives for a timely and successful conclusion
- Basic knowledge of operations, supply chain and finance
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in project management is preferred but not required
- Take the time to carefully understand the business—the products, processes, channels, and the people
Education and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), Operations Management or other related disciplines
- 3.25 or higher GPA upon graduation; 3.5 GPA is preferred
Must be able to travel to support projects. Must be willing to relocate a minimum of twice in the first 2 years to support rotational assignments.
About MasterBrand Cabinets:
Imagine a short commute to a company driven by a higher purpose. Where people are as important as our products, and the quality of life fuels the quality of ideas. Our culture is built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Join our family of prominent brands across North America where we take ideas, build solutions, and fulfill dreams of a comfortable, inviting home.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MasterBrand Cabinets.
You will be contacted for an interview if MasterBrand Cabinets believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing a background check and a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran status.
Opportunity. Purpose. Reward.
Job Location: US-TBD Location
Posted Date: 7/5/2017
Category: OSC Operations and Supply Chain