Wolf Creek Federal Services Manager, Airport Operations (Overseas) in United States
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
- Terminal Operations: Responsible for performing United Airlines vendor functions, USAF Air Mobility Command (AMC) Small Terminal passenger and cargo functions, cargo and baggage handling for all aircraft at Bucholz Army Airfield (AAF) and flight line transportation for passenger and crew members within vehicle capabilities
- Atoll Operations: Responsible for operating Base Operations, the Atoll Terminal, the Roi-Namur Terminal (Includes passenger manifesting and cargo/baggage handling on Roi-Namur) and local flight and passenger scheduling.
- Flight Line Operations: Responsible for maintaining and operating assigned aircraft ground support equipment (GSE). Provide aircraft parking and servicing assistance. Providing aircraft fuel services to include Operator Level Maintenance on dispensing trucks and daily fuel quality checks.
- Administration: Responsible for coordinating reports, payroll, training, HR activities, and general Department administrative functions
- Additionally, the Manager, Airport Operations functions as the Airfield Manager, in accordance with US Army Regulations (AR 95-2) and FAA regulatory guidance and policies.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Terminal Operations Supervisor
- Atoll Operations Supervisor
- Flight Line Operations Supervisor
- Department Administrative Assistant
- Adherence to contract Performance Work Statement (Section 5). Establish quality control plans and inspection functions.
- Support functions within established Memoranda of Agreement between Commercial Operators and the US Army as well as Inter-Service Support Agreements between US Military Service agencies as tasked through the KRS Contract
- Direct all department functions through establishment of appropriate policy, instructions, and procedures
- Enforce U.S. Army Garrison Kwajalein Atoll (USAG-KA) and company policies and procedures
- Provide resources and environment that fosters safe operating principles
- Set department budgets for staffing/manpower, equipment, materials, and operating functions
- Coordinate with Flight Operations Department (Berry Aviation) on local flight support operations
- Coordinate range mission support of airfield function
- Coordinate monthly flight schedules with user agencies and USAG-KA and obtain approvals
- Inspect airfield facilities and initiate work and project requests for maintenance corrective actions
- Review plans for all projects on, or in the vanity of, the airfields to ensure applicable standards (obstruction clearance, lighting, etc) are adhered to and coordinate waivers where required
- Determine prioritization of airfield support functions to ensure adequate resources are available to support required activities
- Instruct (or delegate to a properly trained subordinate) flight line driving classes for airfield vehicle operators
- Other duties as may be assigned
- At least five (5) years’ of experience in commercial, military (or combination) airport and flight operations building team structures in cost competitive environments. Per Contract Performance Work Statement, managers require a minimum of three (3) years’ documented experience in a similar job position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of International Civil Aviation Organization, FAA, and Military Airfield flight operations standards in terms of design criteria, pavement standards, airfield lighting & markings, obstructions to airspace, aircraft handling services, and Base Operations
- Ability to interpret and apply the above standards, in terms of current operations and potential future projects and operations
- Ability to manage both U.S. hire and indigenous RMI employee teams, both directly and through subordinate supervisors
- Ability to identify connections and interactions of various operations to determine support capabilities and feasibility
- Functional abilities in Microsoft Office program suites and potential to learn other administrative computer programs unique to Kwajalein Atoll operations
- Required to obtain a U.S. DOD Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to deployment.
- Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Possess a current U.S. Passport
- No record of Motor Vehicle convictions in the past three (3) years
- Ability to pass a preemployment background check and post offer drug screen and physical/ medical clearance.
- Prior Military service background in Ground Support Equipment Maintenance and Aviation Fuel distribution and aircraft servicing
- Desire an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or Airport Management or closely related field Position is accompanied. Contract offered through 2/28/2017
Primary Location: KJ-KWAJALEIN ATOLL-Kwajalein
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: KJ910334
Req ID: KJ910334