Vectrus Information Systems Operations Specialist (HelpDesk) in United States
Information Systems Operations Specialist (Service Desk) provides Tier I and II customer support to all network users. This includes customer service help desk support with responsibilities for immediately responding to and resolving computer, printer, and digital sender and network authentication/access related issues. Provides front line customer serviceAutomatic Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) support with responsibilities for immediately responding to and troubleshooting, configuring and repairing hardware problems/software issues.Client device AGM baselining, SCCM and remote patching, compliancy verification (STIG/SCAP) installation and deployment.Customers contact the Service Desk in person, by phone, using Remedy or sending emails. This position involves a high degree of snap decision making and detailed task management to ensure all work orders not resolved locally are elevated to the appropriate enterprise IT groups and tracked till resolution. Efforts will also include receiving, reviewing and analyzing job requests submitted by users, determining process and production requirements, conferring with users concerning scheduling as needed, monitoring jobs in process to insure proper completion, and opening and closing Remedy/ISTM tickets, identifying and troubleshooting problems, documenting best practices, initiating corrective actions as required. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1.Troubleshoots Microsoft OS issues on Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master along with setup and Microsoft Office Productivity Suites (troubleshooting, configuration, administration). Troubleshoots all other theater authorized software. Processes all non-standard software requests through IAM channels and coordinate deployment with approve software FSR or manufacture representatives. Validates and archives Authorized to Operate (ATO), Authorized to Connect (ATC) andCertificate of Networthiness ( CoN )documents, per AR 25-1 and network accreditation processes.Conduct software license tracking, renewals, and audits.Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
2. Will operates all types, sizes and configurations of computer processors, including peripheral equipment such as consoles, terminals, disc drives, tape drives, high speed printers, digital senders, copper/fiber modems and media converters, uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), degaussing and other equipment.
3. Able to perform cable plant troubleshooting, installation and fabrication to include: Fiber patch cables, ST/SC/LC connectors, Media converters, copper/fiber Modems, CAT 5/6, RJ-11, RJ-45 terminations.
4. Continuously create, maintain and update network configuration management artifacts for the LAN/WAN as part of desk top engineering library and DICAP compliancy. Participate in the Request for Change (RFC) processes to include site surveys, data collecting, validate ATC/ATC/CoN requirements, ATCTS reviews, network drawings, submissions, implementation and tracking to completion.
5. Provide technical support, guidance, and administration of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM), Network Access Controls, Domain Group Policy Object (GPO) Controls, Active Directory (AD),Organizational Units (OU) structures.Responsible for software/hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vendor devices/platforms including Dell, HP, Cisco, Brocade, Pairgain, Canoga Perkins, Tandberg, Adobe, Microsoft Office suite, etc.Joins client computers/devices to Microsoft Active Directory domains.Configures local PC connections to network printers and detail senders.Maintaining OS applications, firm ware, antivirus, BIOS security and IAVA requirements by the US Army standards and regulations to includeAssured Compliance Assessment Solution( ACAS ),Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), andSecurity Content Automation Protocol ( SCAP )compliancy
6. Perform Tier 1Hardware repair for computers, print devices, digital senders and associated IT peripherals
7. Perform drive (storage media) disposition/wiping/purging using approved software (UPT) to include drive degaussing, destruction and incineration actions.Maintaining media chain of custody, documentation collection/creation and maintaining archived data bases for IA compliancy.
8. Conduct Information Management Officer (IMO) and customer based application training, develop training documents, and take part in application/product develop/test beds to include application/product roll outs.
9. Perform, manage and maintain support of government/customer reporting, compliance, and verification policies. Utilizing ACAS reports, mitigate system and network vulnerabilities/deficiencies, as part of information assurance network security policy. Research and apply required cyber security patches per IAVA requirements and take actions to remediate any vulnerabilities that exist. Validate ATCTS compliancy requirements for users.
10. Operates network management hardware and software to ensure compliance with security standards and service levels.Utilize remote monitoring and management software (Remedy,DameWare or other windows remote admin tools). Operates processor assisted diagnostic and control equipment and software to perform network, technical, and configuration control, surveillance, and security.
11.Experience as a DoD Trusted Agents (TAs)/ Enhanced Trusted Agents (ETAs)for requesting, activating and issuing elevated credentials tokens and SIPRNET Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Tokens and pin reset/processing activities.
12. Proficient in creation of customer exchange accounts, user document collection/processing and ATCTS verification. Manage for Active Directory account requests as well as training and certification records for Active Directory users as part of the ATCTS compliancy requirement which includes but is not limited to Information Assurance awareness training, AUP, SAAR, and any other required certifications needed.
13.Analyze, write and improve Knowledge Databases, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Order Procedures (WOP) to reduce resolution wait times, improve actionable response times and maintain contractual compliancy. Collect, document and analyze network metrics to identify potential patterns and trends, work with application tools and within technical teams to document steps for improvementswhile maintaining customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery model.Efforts will also include receiving, reviewing analyzing job requests submitted by users, determining production requirements, conferring with users concerning scheduling as needed, monitoring jobs in process to insure proper completion, and opening and closing remedy tickets, identifying and troubleshooting problems, initiating corrective actions as required.
14.SupportsRisk Management Framework(RMF) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) document collection, modification and validation. RMF support for Local Area Network (LAN) and Tenant Security Plan (TSP). Manage compliancy using Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance requirements and In the Configuration Tool (ICAT) tools. Assets management (ICAT/hardware/software listings, RFC/Remedy) Vulnerability management (ACAS/STIG/SCAP/ICAT), configuration management (ICAT, RFC/Remedy, Data flow drawings, Topology drawings, change management), and compliance management (RMF/eMASS)
15.Support Information Assurance Self-Assessment (IASAST) DOD Cyber Security Score Card requirements
16. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT & APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY USED:
Desktop and Laptop computers
Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS)
Microsoft Active Directory object and share management and Organizational Units (OU) structures
Print Queue Management
Microsoft OS Windows 7& 10
Microsoft Office 2007/2013
Hard Drive Degausser
Cable panel punch and cable crimper tools
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
This position requires to lift/push/pull equipment up to 30 lbs. for equipment installations, moves and relocations, etc.
Office environment in a forward deployed location (FOB).Work environment will also be very hot to very cold due to conditions within the region.Personnel will also be required to sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time. Personnel will also be required to perform outside/inside work at both customer and network facility locations. Routine vehicle travel to remotes sites is required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school diploma or equivalent.Graduate of military or technical courses in the field of Information Technology.
IAT Level: IAT II
Acertification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 software. Candidates MUST be currently qualified under AR 25-2 and DoD Instruction 8750 for elevated privileges on DoD/Army Networks. A current CompTIA Security (CE ) certificate that has been obtained in the last 24 months, and a Network COMPTIA certification are required. Additionally, a Windows 7/10 Computing Environment (CE) Certification is required as part of 8570 complicacy. A current ISC2 CISSP Certification or the CompTIA CASP in good standing may be substituted for the Security certification. Certifications are subject to submission for validation before an interview.
Must have a valid driver’s license. An International Drivers License is desired.
Should have minimum of two years of experience in a high traffic Service Desk (Help Desk and orAutomatic Data Processing Equipment)environment. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
SECURITY CLEARANCE:SECRET, based off a currentSinge Scope Background Investigation, (SSBI) or its renewal. Subject to validation at, or before an interview.
Title: Information Systems Operations Specialist (HelpDesk)
Requisition ID: OPM000072
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret with SSBI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.