Easter Seals Development Operations & Research Manager in United States
Development Operations & Research Manager
Full-time*; posted:* Wednesday, Aug 9 2017
Easter Seals Massachusetts
Send resume to:
Easter Seals Massachusetts is seeking a Development Operations & Research Manager to manage the successful and efficient operation of key Development Department functions: Budget Planning and Oversight, Donor Database Management, Prospect Research and Pipeline Development, Analytics and Forecasting, and Office Administration.
- Oversee planning process for the department-wide expense and income budget and forecasting.
- Oversee budgeting and deliverables for external vendors that provide resources for Development’s ongoing operation.
- Create and manage a system of metrics and strategy to assist Director of Development in measuring overall performance toward annual and campaign goals. Track progress with FY revenue targets and oversee the creation of custom revenue reports.
- Work closely with Finance to lead and manage data quality control initiatives in accordance with financial audit requirements.
- Oversee Staff Management of Data entry and Oversight of daily operations in the office.
- Provide strategic direction, daily oversight, and support for the Prospect Development and Donor System. Managing Data entry coordinator work – gift processing and acknowledgments, database management, research, and analytics.
- Oversee reconciliation of all bank deposits and donor transactions.
- Oversee National Website for all online giving and reconciling the end result.
- Assess and monitor current technology used for automating reports, data entry, acknowledgments, synchronizing databases, and incoming donor inquiries. Proactively explore automation and enhancements where possible.
- Analyze donor trends and donor behavior and provide strategic recommendations for pipeline growth.
- Drive and oversee evaluation and development of cost-efficient program enhancements and best practices.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database, its maintenance and integration with external databases and overall functionality.
- Work closely with IT to ensure Raiser’s Edge database is up to date and has the latest upgrades and enhancements.
- Assess training needs among Department users.
- Support, coach and mentor staff as appropriate to enhance their ability to create effective strategies, achieve team and individual goals, develop best practices, and help support the entire Development team and its ongoing initiatives.
- Lead by example, fostering a culture of high-performance and teamwork among staff and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or direct related experience demonstrating data management and customer service skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of development operations experience in fundraising department.
- Proven track record as an effective manager, supervisor, and mentor. Significant budget oversight experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in high-performing, fast-paced professional environment.
- Highly skilled in Raiser’s Edge and Research Tools.
- Highly skilled in analyzing potential donors.
- Experience using research tools and analyzing potential donors.
- Successful track record with database conversions.
- Excellent communication and time management skills required.
- Experience with Adobe design products preferable.
Easter Seals is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. People with disabilities and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.