Astellas Pharma Associate Director Field Medical Operations in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Field Medical Operations.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director Field Medical Operations is responsible for providing operations leadership for the US based Field Medical organization (or Regional Field Medical as appropriate) to support the Medical Affairs, Americas (MAA) business objectives. Responsible for strategic and tactical operational planning, performance analytics and measurement, process documentation and improvement for the Field Medical organization. Works closely with internal departments, matrixed therapeutic areas and oversees the operational conduct of strategic projects. The incumbent is responsible for development and refresh of materials to support Organization Mangement initiaitves in the Field. Serves as the primary liaison to the key Therapy Area personnel with trending analysis of MAA data to support Voice of Customer (VOC) and/or Core Medical Plan (CMP) development. The incumbent provides strategic oversight to field facing IT tools/systems, and serves as department Super User for relevant Field Medical systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Strategic and Operational Planning--Serves as an integral supporter of the US based Field Medical team with a focus on strategic and tactical operational planning and execution, and process documentation and improvement. Responsible for coordinating processes/ procedures across TAs for Field Medical. Routinely assists in assessing Field Medical tools with industry standards and benchmarks, aligns with Field Medical Leadership and appropriate MAA leadership for any proposed changes based on dynamic healthcare environment. Serves as an active member of the Field Medical Leadership Team to coordinate operational aspects across TAs. Manages logistical support, attends and evaluates various field based meetings and advisory boards.
Data Liaison and Field Based Tool Development- In conjunction with Field Medical leadership, provides strategic and oversight for the refresh of Organization Management field tools including organization profile updates, organization classification refresh, organization playbook/tools updates/revision. Serves as the (TA) liaison to support VOC and or CMP development updates utilizing data outputs from Medical Service Center.
Systems and Performance Measurement- Provides strategic oversight to field facing IT tools/systems and is involved in identification of system acquisitions or upgrades to support the changing business needs of Field Medical and MAA overall. Assists Medical Affairs Service Center staff in system administration support for SAFIRE and SMART MAA IT systems. Serves as department Super User for IT systems including, SAFIRE, SMART, QUOSA Browser plus, ADMS, Zinc and SharePoint. Serves as the interface for IT in regard field related systems and outside vendors to ensure optimal performance, consistent reporting, and efficiency. Responsible for development, implementation, execution, analytics and reporting of performance data that measure progress to business goals.
Responsible for development of, execution, and reporting of measurable performance data that measure the attainment of US Based Field and MAA business goals across multiple TAs. Regularly interacts with other Astellas departments including: IT, Compliance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, and Marketing Operations. Position is the primary interface to IT for the Field organization for capabilities and proactive planning for new application roll out and application updates. Works with Field Team Leaders and National Directos (NDs) to observe and assess IT skills of MSLs.
- Reports to Director, Business Operations Medical Affairs, Americas.
- Collaborates with MAA stakeholders (Field Leadership, MAA Training, Operations, Medical Information,), other Astellas stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, IT, Sales, Marketing, Marketing Operations) and , externalVendors
- Minimum Bachelors degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a BA or BS OR minimum of 7 years of experience with a MS OR minimum of 3 years of experience with a MD, PhD, PharmD in the pharmaceutical industry, training or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems, SharePoint, IT systems and MS Office applications..
- Demonstrated ability to analyize and develop performance metrics, and identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to facilitate team discussions and drive optimal team performance.
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization.
- Advanced degree in science or business (MD, Pharm D, PhD, MBA) with >5 years experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled