Vectrus ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF OF OPERATIONS in Turkey
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Supports Chief, FES in providing 24/7 Fire and Emergency Services (FES) to the installation. Includes FES Management, Operations, Training and prevention capabilities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Manage installation FES to include maintaining operating instructions, Master Plan, Standards of Coverage, manpower, equipment and supplies. Develop and implement plans to cover for reduced operational capabilities; response, staffing, pollution prevention, safety of personnel, operational risk management, etc.
- Provide 24/7 FES to the installation. Services include on-scene incident management, aircraft rescue and firefighting, structural firefighting, response to hazardous materials, technical rescue to include auto extrication and confined space rescue and emergency medical services support.
- Inspect certify and perform operator maintenance on vehicles. Document all vehicle inspections and annual certification testing.
- Maintain minimum quantity of combined firefighting vehicles, extinguishing agents and personnel for airfield category (ARFF Set 4 for Moron, ARFF Set 5 for Incirlik).
- Manage and document recurring proficiency training and firefighter certification programs for all functional areas of FES.
- Train and remain proficient in EMR capabilities.
- Ensure all communications equipment and facilities comply with NFPA 1221, Standard for Installation, Maintenance and Use of Emergency Services Communications Systems.
- Ensure coverage for Optimum Level of Service for CAT 8 airfield vehicle set 4 for Moron (Set 5/CAT 9 for Incirlik).
- Provide 24/7 base recovery response capability, participate fully in base exercises and assist exercise planning as required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Must be able to work in potentially dangerous situations fighting fires & rescue operations and utilizing various firefighting equipment. Also work in office utilizing basic office automation and software.
- Exposed to hazardous environments which may include firefighting operations, rescue services and hazardous material incidents.
- Works in a general office and shop environment.
- Possibility of being recalled for emergencies 24/7.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school graduate or equivalent. Meet position certifications IAW DOD 6055.06-M.
Ten years firefighting experience in an organized fire protection function that provides fire suppression services. Three of the ten years shall include aircraft crash, fire and rescue services. One of the ten years shall include supervision of direct firefighting operations.
Have knowledge of fire suppression, rescue and emergency incident techniques, operation of fire equipment, and water distribution and supply requirements. Have knowledge of the characteristics of aircraft fuel propellants, oxidizers and weapons.
Title: ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF OF OPERATIONS
Requisition ID: TUR000172
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.