Google Regional Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager, Data Center Operations in Singapore
Google Data Center (GDC) teams design and operate some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. As an Environment, Health & Safety Technician, you oversee compliance by Google employees and contractors with EHS procedures. Your goal is to ensure environmental protection, pollution prevention, health, and safety for all Googlers and Google facilities. Your proactive approach means you are consistently working to improve data center environmental, health, and safety (EHS) performance. You meet and manage all EHS legal requirements while monitoring and supporting all facilities activity at Google's data centers, and always operate according to best-in-class environmental practices. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you respond to data center EHS issues and incidents to minimize the impact.
As GDC is planning for the next wave of data center growth the EHS program scales compliance and safety excellence for construction, commissioning, deployment and operations of data centers. As a member of DCEHS (Data Center, Environmental Health and Safety) team, you will be responsible for all APAC data center operational EHS legal compliance, program implementation, conformance and EHS resource management. You will play a critical role in ensuring all EHS issues are identified and addressed by working collaboratively with cross functional teams of GDC and contractors to protect Google’s interests. This role will also provide additional support and project management oversight to new and critical EHS initiatives.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure that Data Center EHS team provides EHS and Environmental Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS) technical expertise and act as a positive resource to global/regional data center operations.
- Monitor, advise and assist the stakeholders with respect to EHS risk management and lead the teams towards Zero Harm culture. Identify and assist the management with obtaining all applicable EHS permits/licenses in order to ensure on-time and successful start-up and operation of data centers at our APAC locations.
- Monitor and ensure EHS compliance at our regional data centers to confirm uninterrupted operations at all times. Collaborate with construction team on all EHS matters related to new data center constructions and modifications.
- Manage APAC regional EHS budgeting, recruiting, compensation and performance plans. Provide back-up site level EHS support for existing fleet as well as leadership within the region and at a global level for all EHS programs and initiatives as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage audits to assure effectiveness of EHS compliance/conformance programs; develop creative solutions that meet all regulatory/corporate requirements while minimizing business impact.
- 10 years of experience in EHS.
- Experience working with APAC regional EHS regulations.
- MSc in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional EHS Certification (CSP, CHMM, REM, WSHO, FSM etc.)
- Experience leading large cross functional teams to align and deliver technical projects.
- Experience communicating with government authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Experience of working with Zero Harm policy and commitment to legal compliance.
- Knowledge of Facilities Management, Engineering and Construction.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.