Google Head of Trust & Safety Vendor Management & Operations, APAC in Singapore
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As the head of APAC Vendor Operations, you will be responsible for driving operational rigor and making T&S; vendor operations world-class. You will lead our Trust & Safety APAC vendor operations team and effectively manage vendor performance with transparent metrics, data-driven decisions and industry leading vendor management techniques. You will be responsible for managing and delivering Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the aligned workflows. You are an expert in operational excellence who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. You are adept at data analysis including querying, building and maintaining dashboards and using data to improve your operations. You are also capable of identifying and prioritizing process and automation improvement opportunities.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Lead our team of Trust & Safety vendor operations program mangers running and responsible for our APAC vendor operations across KL and Tokyo
- Deliver scalable solutions and run strategic / operational initiatives across our APAC sites to evolve and transform Trust & Safety operations for maximum impact to our key stakeholders in the Operations, Engineering and Product teams
- Build networks in the industry, stay abreast with latest outsourcing models and engage comfortably at an executive level with external vendor companies. Communicate and evangelize initiatives with senior management and the broader organization
- Manage the overall relationship with the onsite vendor teams, drive quality, cost & productivity improvement programs. Drive supplier management governance inc business reviews and push transformational innovation across our vendor base
- Drive capacity/workforce planning, budgeting activities, facilities planning and training in coordination with internal teams like Strategic operations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in related field. Vendor management experience at a global scale.
- Executive experience in operations, contracts management, business agreements, procurement.
- Experience in working with international teams and a variety of stakeholders.
- Advanced technical degree, MBA or PhD
- 12-15+ years of experience working with/managing a large team (working with a managed service provider) and the ability to work as an individual contributor on multiple projects
- Business development experience for any third-party vendors; Experience with outsourcing (including offshore) agreements and running end-to-end operations
- Experience in executing strategies to deliver solutions. Experience working cross-functionally with other internal teams. Proven success record of managing multiple vendors across various sites
- Understanding and passion for online Geo products/services. Deep knowledge of local/regional vendor landscape. Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced team environment with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.