Vectrus Facility Maintenance Technician/BMS Operator in Kuwait
Manage daily maintenance operations and operate the Building Management System (BMS) at the Main Communications Facility (MCF) in support of the Kuwait Base Operations & Security Support Services contract on Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. The Facilities Maintenance Specialist/BMS Operator provides supervision of subcontract foreign national employees to ensure compliance with the performance work statement (PWS) for operation and maintenance of infrastructure and utilities in the MCF through inspections and preventive/corrective maintenance. Concurrent duties include managing the BMS, responding to alarms, notifying appropriate management personnel, and initiating corrective actions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Operates and maintains Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors against approved benchmarks to include; HVAC, Lighting, Security, Fire Suppression, Power Generation, Plumbing, and Electrical.
2. Performs routine checks and upgrades software as provided by the Manufacturer to ensure optimal functioning of the BMS system.
3. Monitors and verifies operation of all BMS field devices.
4. Troubleshoots BMS system faults and develops repair solutions.
5. Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., Load, Environmental, Customer needs, etc.
6. Inspects, maintains, and repairs HVAC, Power Generation, Low-Voltage Electrical Switchgear, and UPS systems.
7. Records maintenance data and generates reports as needed.
8. Escorts foreign national subcontractors conducting PMCS and repairs of MCF critical system equipment
9. Provides technical/operational guidance to ensure compliance with the PWS while delivering results.
10. Evaluates all maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and process work assignments.
11. Maintains documentation for all malfunctions, repairs, maintenance, or changes to systems and/or equipment.
12. Provides reports on all life safety, quality, and maintenance issues.
13. Provides a safe and secure workplace.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System
2. MIRCOM Pro 2000 alarm controls and panel.
3. Access Controls/CCTV, surveillance cameras, hardware and software
4. Microsoft Office software for producing written documents
Work is generally conducted inside a secure, access and climate-controlled, permanent structure. However, duties will involve a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Work may require heavy lifting up 50 LBS stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting at a computer work station, and working in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Industry and Trade certification/License are required for HVAC or Electrical Trades.
2. Specific training in the operation of Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System is required.
1. 7-10 years of facilities maintenance experience with 3-5 years working with Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management Systems
2. 5-7 years of experience planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC)
3. Working knowledge of electrical systems including secondary distribution and interior systems
4. Hands-on experience with electrical circuits, power cables, controls, motor, etc
5. Ability to read blue prints, single-line diagrams, and rough shop drawings
6. Must possess strong knowledge in multiple skilled-trades (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc)
7. Requires ability to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions, and take corrective actions as required
8. Knowledge of U.S. Army Safety Guidelines and OSHA Standards.
1. Strong attention to details and analytical skills
2. Effective communication and organizational skills
3. Good interpersonal and people management skills
4. Mastery of engineering skills, and associated tools/machinery required by the position
5. U.S. Citizenship required
6. U.S. Government-issued Secret Security clearance, or higher, required.
Responsible for escorting/overseeing Foreign National Subcontract personnel onto the facility grounds, and inside the secured facility, to conduct PMCS and repairs of associated systems.
Title: Facility Maintenance Technician/BMS Operator
Requisition ID: 17560BR
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran