State Street Senior Client Operations Associate in Canada
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Basic Purpose: Under the direction of the Manager, responsible for the day-to-day servicing of client relationships, acting as a primary point of contact for client inquiries and requests. Works with the internal teams coordinating services for fund/product start-up/conversions, restructures and interacting with Accounting Operations and global COE’s for the overall service delivery of their assigned clients. May have responsibility to audit and coordinate the daily work of others.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from external and internal clients
- Perform assigned daily operations and processes including, but not limited to:
- Assist with Account Administration including account openings, billing set up, tax reclaims/tax documentation, market openings/exits/updates, security registration/system access/ID administration and FAR set up
- Assist with online support for various client-facing applications
- Ensure timely and accurate production of client-customized reporting and collects data and produces customer report cards
- Assist with data collection for risk/compliance reporting
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from operational CoEs, BU Shared Services and BU Accounting Operations.
- Elevates unresolved issues/problems to manager/officer.
- May monitor and review daily work of Client Operations Associates to ensure accurate and timely execution.
- Provides on the job training to new staff and assists new staff with attainment of understanding of job responsibilities.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or equivalent. B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2+ years of related custody and/ or fund accounting experience
- Knowledge of securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of operational functions within both custody and fund accounting.
State Street Job ID: 165156
Location: Toronto, Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Senior Client Operations Associate
Job ID: 165156
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Canada - Toronto