ASML Lead Customer Supply Chain Operational Excellence (Lean) in Veldhoven, Netherlands
ASML is looking for a very ambitious talent who can play a crucial role in the reverse supply chain processes. You will lead projects to continuously improve the supply chain flows from our suppliers to our customers and the return flow as well.
Lead and contribute to supply chain project teams to ensure that the (thousands of) high-tech parts and tools are available on-time, on-spec, at the right quality and cost. Meet the delivery requirements that have been agreed with the customers and ASMLs engineering team. Initiate and drive continuous improvement to optimize logistical costs.
ASML makes some of the most complex, high-tech products in the world. We have a €20 billion inventory and a €3 billion spend at suppliers. And because of the time-to market pressure, system specifications regularly change right up until the first system is shipped and sometimes even after it has been delivered. As a project leader, you have to be able handle that, to react to unexpected situations and major changes to your plan of action. You could be working with suppliers who are developing million-euro sub-systems for ASML, using hundreds of suppliers of their own in a supply chain up to ten tiers deep. You have to be able to influence all these people — and your colleagues across ASML — to make things happen in the face of continual design changes.
- Define, implement and follow up on projects with focus on supply and return to the customer hubs
- Support escalations when need from end to end
- Build bridges between various stakeholders including suppliers, ASML departments and Customers
- Improve processes based on structured analysis and root-cause investigation
- Setup and improve control of outsourced activities
- Daily interaction with outsourcing partner
- Champion the lean philosophy
Relevant Master degree is a must (e.g. Industrial Engineering & Management Science, Business Administration, Supply chain or Engineering)
- 6-10 years relevant experience in a large international company (industry or consultancy), ideally Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations or Procurement background
- A tactical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills, decision making skills, change management skills, people management skills and project management skills
- SAP knowledge is a pre
- Leadership skills, drive for results, act under high pressure
- Result oriented, convincing, pro-active and “can do” mentality
- Cultural awareness
- Very ambitious talent with a proven track record relevant for this position and able the grow into a next step in short notice
- Analytical and able to organize and prioritize workload
Context of the position
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world, working against huge time to position market pressures. SCM is our world-leading supply chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability at ASML factories and customers. To meet customer demands for the latest technologies, ASML employs concurrent engineering, developing systems and supply chains in parallel with system specifications. Many of the components required push our suppliers to the limits of their capabilities, and SCM works with them to avoid delays in a supply chain that reaches seven tiers deep — all while being aware that system specifications could change at any moment until the system is shipped.
ASML’s supply chain department is continuously aiming to better serve ASML’s customers, by for example providing complex upgrade services at the site of our customers. During these events (a significant) part of the machine is replaced by modules that allow for e.g., increased output and enhanced specifications. These on-site upgrade activities create extremely demanding requirements for the supply chain processes, driven by the sensitivity of the parts (cleanroom handling only), the strict needs to minimize machine downtime and the constantly changing specifications of machines. All these processes ultimately enable ASML’s customers such as Intel and Samsung to continue improving the performance of the laptops, tablets and smartphones that we all use.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML. Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-08-02
Functional area: Supply Chain Management
Background: Logistics / Supply Chain Management