Katmai Fuels Distribution System Operator- Vanderberg in Vandenberg AFB, California
Manage fuels products to meet the requirements of supported organizations. Deliver aircraft and ground fuel products to on/off base customers as required.
- Receive, store, issue and transfer petroleum products IAW Air Force Instructions and DLA-Energy policies and procedures.
- Perform dispatcher, expeditor and safety person duties as required per AFI 23-201.
- Ensure inspection forms (i.e., AFTO Form 39, AF Form 1807) are properly maintained and annotated.
- Receive, store, transfer and issue petroleum products in a safe manner.
- Inspect and perform preventive maintenance on fuel facilities, and refueling equipment.
- Inventory assigned tanks and equipment and performs product rotation IAW DoD 4140.25M and DLA Energy policies.
- Comply with all safety procedures and all federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years of documented experience (military/civilian) in the areas of fuels , operation and preventive maintenance of fuels storage and dispensing systems, aircraft and ground fuel servicing operations.
- Obtain and retain a valid Class B California commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT endorsement, and be insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a government issued clearance - Active Secret clearance a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and minimum two (2) years of problem solving and direct application experience of DOD DLA Energy and AF fuels management instructions and procedures.
- Minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience in properties & characteristics of petroleum products; safety precautions; fuels automated system procedures, statistical methods and procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience supporting fuels operational requirements and applying commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within fuels management arena.
- Ability to determine, analyze and properly respond during fuel exercises and emergency situations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 7 Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, and pliers. Seeing up close. Moderate to extended periods of office work with periods of computer usage. Occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Employee often exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as needed to complete assignment or project.
*To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, *http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster:http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fae850f00b1b84447786ccd17214867984.pdf_
EEO Supplement Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa585f835735374d089a44ff899c84ccfb.pdf_
Pay Transparency Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_6f7d4fb6d8ce457a87d9f38f9cfe580f.pdf
Right to Work Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa84cb215622bf49b0ae03418b081847ad.pdf_
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facedd5daf5c5f433a8ac24f0e4829b91c.pdf_
E-Verify Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facf68148e2b2d4e9abcadd71c6cfd1364.pdf_
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36faa404b42bb4ff4cb5ba848ab1524fc761.pdf_
Job Location: US-CA-Vandenberg AFB
Division: Corporate Allocation Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt