Tetra Tech Environmental Operations Manager, Norfolk VA, SR in VA, United States
Title: Environmental Operations Manager, Norfolk VA, SR
Location: United States-VA-US-Norfolk
Job Number: 11200000104
The selected candidate will lead and manage the growth of our Norfolk
This will include leading the
strategy, development, capture, and execution of environmental projects
targeting the government/commercial market sector while meeting operational
growth objectives and metrics. This position requires a proven track record of
providing operational leadership, managing client relationships, developing
specific work programs for these clients, leadership in program/project
management of work, and supporting the development of existing and new client
growth strategies. The candidate must have extensive experience in
environmental services, such as compliance and permitting; evaluation and
management of potential environmental liabilities; site
investigation/assessment/design and remediation; RCRA, CERCLA, CWA and NEPA
support; property redevelopment; and communication and negotiation with
federal, state and local regulatory agencies. Experience in preparing
proposals, work plans, and cost estimates for projects and a demonstrated
ability to manage projects and groups profitably is requried. Experience in
preparing business plans for significant client growth and overseeing the
successful implementation of such plans is required. Presentation experience at
conferences and workshops and demonstrated networking capability (locally and
regionally/nationally) is desired.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated seller/doer with group management experience with the following qualifications: Currently manages and has a proven record of building and diversifying business with government/commercial customers, while managing the delivery of quality products, growth, and financial results; Has an established client base and strong industry connections; Has had significant experience managing staff and business operations at some level; and has strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess market conditions and trends, and apply this knowledge to anticipate the scope and timing of major market movements and prospective pursuits.
- Closely monitor industry activities and contribute information and knowledge to the company's leadership team to anticipate and respond to industry trends.
- Collaborate with other Tetra Tech offices and develop and implement growth strategies to increase profitability for a broad range of integrated services including planning, permitting, compliance, design, and remediation services for government and commercial market sector clients.
- Lead the identification and prioritization of pursuits and secure projects in the United States.
- Develop strategic teaming partnerships (e.g., joint ventures, small business alliances, and prime/sub) for major government/commercial projects and leverage client relationships to identify prospective partnerships.
- Program/Project management responsibilities may include preparing cost and technical proposals, effectively and efficiently completing projects on time and within budget and regulatory guidelines, maintaining good client communications, scheduling and supervising subcontractor activities, and writing and reviewing reports.
- Develop and meet Annual Operating Plan goals for the Norfolk Operation.
- Manage overhead spending and staff utilization and adjust resources as necessary to meet goals.
- Conduct staff performance reviews and evaluations.
- Accept personal accountability for achieving growth targets within the government/commercial sector and take corrective action when necessary to achieve these goals.
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
- 15 years’ experience in environmental consulting services with at least ten years of experience in staff or group management, program/project management, business development, and strategic planning focused on the government/commercial market sector is preferred
- Successful experience in managing project and group profitability.
- Prior experience in evaluating and managing staff and compliance with financial metrics on a project, group, or office level.
- Proven expertise and a successful track record in the government/commercial market industry with the ability to attract new business and penetrate key clients.
- Strong track record in identifying opportunities and developing strategies to win targeted pursuits.
- Must have a solid understanding of the government/commercial sector including market potential, competition, clients, forecasting, and capture strategy.
- Strong network of clients and long-standing, established relationships within the government/commercial market sector.
- Experience working closely with senior management and operations to develop pursuit strategies for perspective projects.
- Experience evaluating market competitors, assessing client requirements, and developing strategy to successfully secure awards.
- Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability developing and delivering effective presentations to customers and management.
- BS degree in engineering, science or a related technical field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Professional registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) is preferred. PMP Certification a plus.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies