NBC Universal Vice President, Picture Operations, StudioPost in Universal City, California
Job Number 35866BR
Job Title Vice President, Picture Operations, StudioPost
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business West Coast Studio Ops
Posting Category Studio Technical Operations
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Vice President of Picture Operations will oversee the group responsible for providing mastering and restoration services, as well as TV Broadcast post production services at NBCUniversal StudioPost. The VP will manage the department staff and oversee the day-to-day operation of the group responsible for over 21 broadcast series and large film/TV library restoration projects. The staff of over 100 people is comprised of vault, duplication, schedulers, planners, data managers, project managers, editors, colorist and managers. The VP will also interact with customers on an as needed basis to resolve issues, review quotes and create workflow documentation.
• Manage day-to-day feature, TV mastering and broadcast operations, including Customer Interaction, Talent Management of Editorial, Colorist, Restoration Artists and Scanners, Talent Select, Project Managers and Scheduling
• Manage TV Broadcast Post, Feature and TV Mastering financial performance and reporting; Assist in the development of the operating budget, strategic financial objectives and annual business review, as well as provide capital requirements and requests, technical and operational roadmaps and workflows
• Drive to sell and offer best-in-class post production and mastering services to internal and external customers
• Collaborate with Production Executives, Producers and StudioPost Operations to proactively provide strategic and technical solutions to improve the client experience
• Build, manage, develop and coach team of over 100, while establishing group and individual goals, accountabilities, strategies, initiatives and tactics throughout assigned departments to roll out and achieve best-in-class customer service
• Meet with customers on a regular basis, help to develop workflows, engage with project managers to issue customer bids, meet with customers to present bids, group initiatives, issue resolution(s) and feedback to improve business unit performance
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in Post Production, with understanding of pre-production and broad knowledge and experience of sound and picture post-production processes, workflows and technologies
• Successfully managed organizational and operational change and driven process improvement through restructuring businesses or internal organizations, assessing staff, talent and organizational structure
• Strong business sense and acumen to work through complex operational and organizational matters at all levels of management with excellent executive presence
• Experience successfully managing a P&L and making critical business decisions to best support and deliver financial results
• Deep knowledge and understanding of new and emerging digital production and post-production technologies, new media platforms and evolving film and TV release formats and delivery requirements, as well as Data and Media Management processes
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, internally across business units and teams, as well as externally with Studio Executives, Post Supervisors, Picture Editors, Directors, etc.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and collaborate with teams
• Previous management of on-premise and on-location dailies staff
• Ability to think innovatively and outside-the-box about post production services from a talent, technical and operational perspective
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed for the operation
• Knowledge of all post production union contracts
• Excellent skills with MS Office, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, Xytech and other related systems and applications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in Film and TV production and/ or operations, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.