OldCastle Lowboy Driver/Operator in Tracy, California
Postal/Zip Code: [[postalcode]]
APAC Central Inc., is an Oldcastle Materials Company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Lowboy CDL Driver/Operator
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Construction Driver/Operator today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Minimum of a Class B Drivers Licenses Required
Job Description Summary The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers. The majority of time the candidate will be working on a construction crew, at times will be utilized as a Truck Driver. Driving is a small portion of the job.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the Employee Handbook, appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Requires motions such as stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing.
· May require lifting of up to 100 pounds.
· Shovel dirt, stone, asphalt.
· Operate heavy construction equipment
· Lift, carry, hold and use materials, tools and supplies as needed to complete task.
· May perform duties of flagman for traffic control, janitor, steam cleaner operator or grease man.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Requirements The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Must be willing to travel to each jobsite using personal transportation and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Central Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.