Monsanto KRF(Kawachi Research Farm) Field Operator in TOKYO, Japan
· Conduct isolated field trial (Stage-3 trial) for GM crops to obtain environmental safety approval in Japan by developing protocols with product manager, cultivating crops uniformely with high quality management, and collecting data.
· Maintain Kawachi Research Farm (KRF) by leveraging the skill to use agricultual equipments and manage contract workers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct Stage-3 field trial
· Oversee and train part time workers
· Maintain, repair and build site facilities
· Research the best way for crop management and trial
· Manage chemical storage
· Manage seed storage
· Manage equipment storage
· Manage lab tests related to stage-3 trial
· Operate forklift
· Comply stewardship and ESH policy
· Internal Contacts
Direct manager: Toshikazu Miyamoto (KRF site manager)
Team lead : Aya Arii (Operation & Cross-product support lead)
· External Contacts
Landowners around KRF, Researchers of local agricultural station, Venders for agricautural equipments or pesticides
Background of Agriculture and Crop science
Graduates from Agricultural high school or college
EXPERIENCE: New graduates allowed
Management skills, Ability to give instructions to people, Likes to handle machinery, Ability to think independently and act, Likes to grow crops, Well-organized, Ability to do heavy actibities, Have a strong sense of responsibility.
Has no health issues which anable to use respiratory protection (myocardial infarction, angina, congestive heart failure, coronary insufficiency, hypertension, asthma, COPD and low pulmonary function.
· desired competencies for the position
Like to work outside
Have experience in field trials
Ablity to speak English
Ablity to operate agricultural machinery
Ablity to cultivate crops
License: Forklift driver, Carrier dump driver, large-sized special motor vehicle driver, First aider license from red cross
Organization: GLB Regulatory Affairs51177232_
Title: KRF(Kawachi Research Farm) Field Operator
Location: Asia Pacific-Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Requisition ID: 01GOT
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement