State Street APAC DataGX Operations Analyst in Tokyo, Japan
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the DataGX platform in the Asia Pacific region and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The DataGX Production Support Team is a dedicated regional business team working with SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients within the Operational Control Framework (OCF). The team is considered to be Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on our DataGX platform and provides support to both the Client Relationship Managers and the Global Services Team in terms of tracking and, where possible, resolving Client queries relating to the system.
The role will be a client facing role to assist and manage the Client on any data related issues and along with monitoring suitable resolutions implemented and communicated to the Client. The role is primarily supporting Clients based in Japan, but the role will interface with other Operational Teams in multiple locations within APAC. The role will need to initiate and maintain sound working relationships not only with processing teams within Global Services and Global Exchange, but also with Heads of other SSC areas, e.g. Shared Services, Fund Accounting, Custody and Relationship Management and Clients.
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to DataGX, especially ensure client file deliveries are tracked, with pro active management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Become an SME in the DataGX platform.
- Manage communication and workflow with the client using workflow tools (eg IQM)
- Act as the point of contact for relevant client queries relating to their data and client file delivery
- Ability to build control checks via OCF and ECF to ensure data consistency and integrity pre/post information delivery
- Track and resolve source of quality issues; implement remediation plan as appropriate
- Maintain statistics (track and report) around data quality in order to monitor and reduce the number of data quality issues encountered
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Escalate and communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Ensure that the team performs daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Liaise with the client support & business operations teams, as well as relationship managers for resolution of data issues, repair data breaks
- Confirm and monitor service delivery against Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Maintain standard library of data checks
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Conduct special/ad-hoc tasks and reports as required
- Assist in the onboarding process of new client accounts
Level of Education:
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
Previous Level of Experience:
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent technical ability
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience with ESP and understanding of data metamodeling preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- English and Japanese (speaking and reading/writing) fluency required.
- Flexible working hours may be required.
State Street Job ID: 166366
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: APAC DataGX Operations Analyst
Job ID: 166366
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Japan - Tokyo