Corporate Executive Board Operations Consultant (Pricing) in Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
Title: Operations Consultant (Pricing) Location: United Kingdom-England-Thames Ditton Other Locations:
CEB is now Gartner. Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Gartner Talent Assessment (TA) pricing practices are a key driver in the company’s success. With Gartner TA’s escalating growth trajectory, Pricing has become an even more mission critical function delivering on Gartner’s long term, growth strategy.
The team’s mission is to ensure we have a clear, simple and compelling pricing structure and strategy. To ensure our commercial pricing is market relevant and value based.
Main Purpose and Scope of the Job
The Talent Assessment Pricing Consultant reports to the Director – Business Operations & Pricing. In fulfilling this role the individual will build strong, collaborative, working relationships, not only with BU Leaders but also with Product Managers and key individuals, in all aspects of Gartner’s TA business.
The Pricing Consultant has the following key objectives:
Serve as a first-line of contact to answer field questions relating to TA Pricing. Ensure all queries are answered or addressed via either easy resolution or triage to appropriate contacts for escalation. Liaise closely with the Finance and IT teams to implement system-related price book updates.(40%)
Lead the day-to-day execution of the annual pricing review and implementation program, the core elements of which run from July to December. (40%)
• Provide support on analysis requirements, liaising with program-assigned Finance analysts;
• Create consultation packs for discussion with BU leadership on recommended price adjustments;
• Coordinate Product team and GCSC reviews of price list content/structure.
Maintain the pricing content on SharePoint and other systems, in particular price lists and materials (such as calculators). (20%)
• In addition, this role covers the following critical support areas:
• Support subscription and solution price calculator tool maintenance, development and education across the business.
• Lead or support ongoing pricing-related investigation, analysis and reporting (e.g. usage/revenue/discount analysis for the Pricing Steering Group.
• Support reporting and evidentiary material for pricing-related SOX control requirements.
The Pricing Consultant must be comfortable working under their own initiative when necessary, and be confident in supporting internal customers and in directly handling/responding to queries.
The scope of this role encompasses Product and Solution pricing, Training, Local Professional Services rates and Central Professional Services recommended prices (RRPs) - the latter two in conjunction with local leadership and Central Professional Services management.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Familiarity working in a position with global reach across Finance and commercial functions
• Excellent analysis skills - highly numerate with demonstrable advanced Excel knowledge.
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.