Serco TMC Operator - Austin in Texas
TMC Operator - AustinN/a, TX, US
Job Description The Operators shall:
- Use ITS software to control and monitor field devices such as CCTV cameras, DMS, traffic detectors, LCS and any other technology related to devices that may be implemented as part of the ITS.
- Monitor video images for the detection and verification of accidents, debris, abandoned or disabled vehicles, and hazardous or non-hazardous spills.
- Use ITS software to log potential and confirmed incidents, construction and maintenance closures.
- Monitor ITS software system-generated response plans, and accept or manually override them as necessary.
- Possess English-language writing skills necessary to compose clear and concise sentences that include all pertinent information without spelling or grammatical errors.
- Use radio, telephone, and e-mail to communicate with TxDOT personnel statewide, including maintenance and construction personnel, ITS software technicians, TxDOT management, Department of Public Safety, and Federal Highway Administration as appropriate, regarding incidents, traffic, road, maintenance and construction activity, and related weather conditions.
- Dispatch and communicate with Safety Service Patrol (SSP) incident management personnel via radio, telephone, or computer aided dispatch using standard protocol to the locations of road hazards and accidents, providing clear directions to the location and an accurate description of an incident as advised by citizens, public safety entities, or department personnel.
- Provide information or assistance to motorists, TxDOT personnel, or other agencies on traffic and road conditions; direct calls to appropriate personnel in traffic operations or take action as necessary.
- Perform record keeping, logging of required information, equipment checks, data gathering, and updating of manuals and contact lists.
- Update messages on ATIS, once activated.
- Answer all after-hour calls for the TxDOT Austin District, documenting communication and dispatching the necessary personnel.
- Perform all duties with the highest level of customer service.
- Complete required training and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Be prepared to work additional hours or shifts in support of special events such as, but not limited to, Presidential visits, political rallies, parades, Austin Triathlon, Marathon and Half Marathon (Feb), South by Southwest (Mar), Rodeo Austin (Mar), Austin Film Festival (May/Jun), MS 150, Republic of Texas (ROT) Biker Rally (Jun), University of Texas home football games (Fall), Formula One races, and Austin City Limits (Sep/Oct).
- Use radio, telephone, and e-mails to communicate with law enforcement, EMS, fire department, or towing services to provide clear and accurate information regarding incidents and the response required.
- Ensure that all radio communications are in compliance with TxDOT and FCC radio protocol using the proper 10-codes.
This position will have three shifts (day, evening, overnight) for 24/7/365 support.
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**
Required Skills Job requirements- Have the knowledge and skills to utilize and operate ITS software, web-based and software applications, as well as utilize programs to manage and monitor ITS field devices - Have the ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. - Have the skills to prioritize tasks. - Have customer service focused attitude and excellent communication skills, both in person and radio/phone.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52317963
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Transportation Management
Department The Transportation & Infrastructure business unit has four main business streams - surface transportation, aviation, fleet maintenance and infrastructure services, with over 1000 personnel providing these services in the federal, state and local markets. Our transportation surface and infrastructure business includes traffic control centers, intelligent system specification, deployment and maintenance, traveler information systems, back office capabilities, program management, congestion management and general operations. Our business with state and local governments include parking management systems and technicality upgrades and parking enforcement. In addition we provide fleet maintenance services to a number of public utilities and municipal authorities.