Frontier Communications SPVR, NETWORK OPERATIONS in TAMPA, Florida
Supervisor, Network Operations
About Frontier Communications: Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
This position supervises union network technicians that provision transport/layer one network device across the Frontier footprint. The supervisor focuses on operations proficiency, employee management, working cross-functionally and driving performance leading to excellence in growth rate targets and delivery of 100% employee and customer satisfaction.
*Operations Proficiency: *
- Has solid understanding of the business/department and is able to manage operational objectives
- Company representative for craft/union representative and membership.
- Able to articulate business/departmental goals and objectives.
- Performance management; holds team accountable to clearly achieve results through coaching and performance management while creating a culture superior performance.
- Monitor and manage workload and
- Schedule manpower and resources needed to meet workload demands, customer needs and company objectives.
- Responsible for determining and fulfilling the needs of the team for employee development and training.
- Communicate with other departments as required in an effort to improve the coordination between these departments as well as the overall quality of service experience for our customers.
- Be cognizant of and support organizational budget and revenue goals
- Analyze operational reporting and utilize statistical process control tools to identify performance opportunities and provide corrective action plans as required.
- Active participant on the organizations management team and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Consistently provide feedback and direction to technicians to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Actively promotes and recognizes the contributions of each employee to the mission of the organization.
- Interacts with Union representatives and HR to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work place
- Minimum 8 years telephony/network provisioning installation and repair experience
- Advance knowledge of network provisioning, M6, transport equipment, central office and outside plant functions
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Manage workgroup, preparing work schedules, managing time off, and assigning specific duties
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and assist with problem resolution
- Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire and train new employees.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must take pride and ownership in work, and exhibit a willingness to learn.
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience
Job Location: TAMPA, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318794-798