BluePearl Group Director of Operations in Tampa, Florida
The locations and regional needs for these roles are still being determined so please feel free to apply if you are quaified even if there might appear to be a geographic deterrent. This role will be over 50% travel.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Group Director of Operations (GDO) has overall operational oversight of multiple markets within the organization with combined revenues of approximately $100MM or greater. The incumbent has ultimate responsibility for fiscal performance of assigned markets and translation of organizational objectives into market-specific objectives that increase efficiency and effectiveness. A GDO frequently travels to hospitals to evaluate and mentor hospital leaders, address concerns, and provide insights to streamline the business. The role partners with a) Group Medical Director (GMD) of each assigned market to ensure a balanced representation of medical quality and financial considerations and b)People & Organization to champion consistency in a high performance and engaged workforce united in being BluePearl.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Lives and exemplifies the Five Principles of Mars within self and team.
• Serves as high-level representative and champion of BluePearl mission and vision in all interactions.
• Partner with the GMD to effectively communicate and cascade key initiatives impacting hospital administration and Technician staff.
• Partners with GMD to ensure appropriate productivity levels and growth plans for Clinicians and hospitals, including maximizing technical teams.
• Fosters a collaborative and trusting relationship between the Support Team and hospitals.
• Oversees hospital and area leaders to ensure that hospital operations are efficient, effective, and meeting organizational objectives.
• Ensures standards for service quality, equipment, and Clinician productivity/performance are met and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations for purchases of new equipment and improvements.
• Monitors reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts hospital leaders of cost and labor over run. Partners with Finance and P&O to assess concerns and implements solutions.
• Advises hospital leaders on labor issues including safety, security, scheduling, training, and protocols. Ensures direct reports are adhering to company policies.
• In partnership with P&O, responsible for hiring, training, development, appraisal and mentorship of direct reports; in partnership with GMD, identifies successors for all hospital leadership roles and actively develops those associates; takes corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy.
• Maintains current knowledge of information technology as relates to hospital operations.
• Partners with assigned Vet Relations Manager(s) (VRMs) to collaborate on pDVM referral strategies that impact assigned markets.
• Works collaboratively with the BluePearl Support Team to develop solutions for escalated hospital matters and influences hospitals to shape adoption and ensure effectiveness of resolutions.
• Travel 50-75% to ensure in-person leadership and mentoring in hospitals.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Economics or similar discipline required. Graduate degree and/or relevant certifications preferred.
• 10+ years of job-specific experience in an organization of similar size, scope and/or complexity required. Prior experience in the veterinary or similar industry strongly preferred.
• Experience must be inclusive of 7 years minimum of multi-site operational management.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop strong and supportive working relationships with a wide variety of people and backgrounds including clinicians, cross-functional leadership and senior management.
• Superior problem-solving skills and a proven ability to influence change.
• Deep knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning.
• Deep understanding of finance in the context of veterinary industry and hospital operations including P&L, pricing, contract negotiations, revenues and payroll.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
• Developing Direct Reports- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development
discussions; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs compelling development
plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct
reports who need work; is a people builder.
• Perspective- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and
business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss
multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
• Business Acumen- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices,
trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is
aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all
fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks
beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
• Decision Quality- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of
analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out
to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Building Effective Teams- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
• Sizing Up People- Is a good judge of talent; after reasonable exposure, can articulate the strengths and limitations of
people inside or outside the organization; can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.
• Approximately 50-75% travel required.
• Must be able to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time. Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
• Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
• Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry and move) up to 50 pounds. Lifting higher weights requires requesting assistance from another associate.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
• Occasionally exposed to airborne particles and illness from patients and chemicals related to animal care and office equipment.
• The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
• Environment where pets are present.
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Category: Hospital Management
Requisition Number: GROUP05437
Location: Tampa, FL, USA