Citi Data Operations Strategist Manager in Tampa, Florida
Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17022188
The Data Operations Strategist Manager role oversees the data flow and technical operations functions which provides 24x7 support for franchise critical global functions warehouses and the big data Platform. Services provided include: data acquisition, data quality and validation, data investigation, data consumption/Reporting and data support to global function Compliance, Risk, Finance and HR users for global function Data Warehouses.
Will be responsible for developing the overall data flow and ingest operations and management strategy, with significant amounts of automation transition and transferring much of the data operations management away from such org’s as the FRO.
This role regularly interacts with Frank Burke (Chief Data Officer), GFTS leadership team (David Rafalovsky, Randi Rosen, Prasad Sabbineni, and Jeff Bienstock) as wells as the GFTS Production Assurance Leads. As required this role with interact with Internal Audit and External Auditors.
• Manages simultaneous large-scale strategic projects several with regulatory consent order and/or MRA deliverables with an emphasis on on- time and on-budget completion. Specifics: Cards Consent Order, Retail Risk Consent order, HR 2.0 Implementation, AML End-to-End Reconciliation.
• Responsible for defining and implementing processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidation, quality-assuring, persisting and distributing data throughout the organization to ensure consistency and control.
• Reducing overall cost of maintaining and running the operation through simplification, broad adoption of re-usable services and through automation.
• Oversees the ongoing compliance to various policies, guidelines governing bodies, regulations and laws regarding securing and protecting Citi’s data environments for supported data warehouse’s
• Responsible for monitoring, reporting and tracking data quality issues and work with development teams to remediate root cause of issues.
• Responsible for ensuring all Data acquisition and Data Consumption/Reporting processes are completed within SLA.
• Defines measurable metrics and the minimal required attributes for domain or subject areas to support a robust successful deployment.
• Identifies and proposes new opportunities for data integration and warehouse simplification
Responsible for defining and implementing processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidation, quality-assuring, persisting and distributing data throughout the organization to ensure consistency and control.
Oversees the data flow functions which provides 24x7 support for franchise critical global functions warehouses and the big data Platform.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Management
Seasoned technologist with direct experience in Data, Database and ETL development, support and operations using Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on Data quality and Data transformations, Transport, Security.
Requires at least 5 years of experience with management a development team or production support or operations team.
Requires high level knowledge of the business's that are served (Compliance, Finance, Risk, HR) and the ability to translate/abstract business requirements into technology capabilities in order to identify data integration opportunities.
Management responsibilities for multiple teams doing diverse activities (cross discipline).
Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
Developed communication and diplomacy skills used to direct/persuade/influence others.