Citi Bi-Lingual (Spanish and English) AML Intermediate Operations Analyst- Remediation in Tampa, Florida
Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17043779
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The Remediation Team was instituted to address transactions/transaction patterns that have not been investigated.
• Conducts research utilizing internal and external public and private databases to compile a portfolio of information on funds transfer and or check instrument products/transactions.
• Performs the analysis employing designated tools to identify patterns, risks and anomalies.
• Documents the analysis referencing key facts uncovered in the research process and identified in the analysis process.
• Finalizes an appropriate conclusion
• Assists and provides information to support Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) or equivalent for regulatory filing; all information must be fully compliant with standards, policies and procedures.
• Meets, preferably exceeds, standards for the research, analysis, documentation, presentation, completeness, timeliness and accuracy. In addition, the Remediation Team LATAM Senior Analysts:
• Provide subject matter expertise for multiple products: o Investigation and research process/procedures o Applications and tools used to support the investigation o Documentation of research, analysis and conclusions o Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) or equivalent procedures/ documentation/ applications
• Performs peer review of investigations (cases and/or SAR recommendations) to ensure appropriate dispositions have been recommended; documentation meets or exceeds procedure and policy requirements.
• May lead or participate in the development, implementation and/or maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure Anti-Money Laundering complies with current regulatory guidance, Citi policy and achieves a "best in class" performance.
• May lead or participate in the hiring, training, mentoring and assessment processes related to AML employee candidates.
• May lead or participate in the development, testing, training and implementation of new or enhanced system applications
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience required
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Portuguese language a plus.
• 1 year of AML monitoring experience required
• Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in one or more of the product groups: Retail, GTS, Cross Border, CPB/IPB, LATAM, FIU, SVCI
• Evidence the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge and investigation proficiency for other product groups
• Be able to travel 10% with minimal to moderate advanced notice and work in an alternate site (geography) up to 1 month
• Excellent judgment and assessment skills; successfully employs personal curiosity to conduct in-depth investigations
based upon assessment of anomalous criteria.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, follows through to complete deliverables in a timely manner.
• Excellent work ethic (respectful, honest, considerate, self motivated, can work independently without supervision, works well under pressure, readily adapts to changing work priorities, accountable).
• Excellent communication skills - as evidenced by ability to concisely and meaningfully explain an investigation, procedure or policy and contribute to projects and issue resolution initiatives. • Develops strong and productive work relationships with others: analysts, peers, management, Quality Assurance, Production Support, Project Management,
• Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
• Demonstrates initiative and creativity in problem solving, process
improvements and teamwork. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Finance/Banking background
• Intermediate Microsoft Access knowledge/ability
• Highly proficient AML investigator; knowledge includes:
o Anti Money Laundering Laws and Regulations
o Procedural / Policy requirements (including documentation)
o Systems Applications used to support investigation process (Quick Screens, Mantas, NESS, CitiSmart, Lexis/Nexis, Google, SAR Database, eCIF, eCADD, CDMS, etc.)