Google New Product Operations Program Manager, Consumer Hardware (Wearables and VR) in Taipei, Taiwan
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include New Product Operations Program Manager, Consumer Hardware (Wearables and VR) - Shanghai or Taipei.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan; Shanghai, China
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As New Product Introduction (NPI) Manufacturing Program Manager, you will be the primary Manufacturing interface for a new hardware product. You will work with Google’s engineering and product teams to drive new product development builds and support ongoing changes to existing products. You are well versed in working with CMs/ODMs, and you will lead a team to ensure products are designed and built to Google’s high standards of functionality and quality. The NPI team also defines pricing and sourcing strategy for new products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Plan and execute development (NPI) builds and ensure these products transition to production according to specific cost, quality, and capacity targets.
- Lead cross-functional teams within Google and with external partners to prepare for production ramp and product transitions.
- Drive ramp readiness with internal teams as well as external partners (i.e. material availability, capacity readiness, transition plans).
- Drive cross-functional teams to optimize the supply chain for specific strategic reasons, while accounting for risks, changes in schedule or demand.
- Provide support for products in a sustaining environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: new product introduction/supply chain, management/manufacturing, operations/development or operations engineering.
- Experience across all phases of a product from prototype to mass production to end of life
- MBA, MS in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Operations Engineering or other relevant field.
- Experience in the consumer technology market, negotiation experience with OEMs and CMs/ODMs and third party suppliers
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams. Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills.
- Knowledge of typical hardware BOMs, process documentation and assembly and test processes. Direct knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of hardware operations.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.