Google Corporate Operations Engineer in Sydney, Australia
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a Corporate Operations Engineer you are the go-to person for Googlers' computer hardware and software needs, providing front line user support for all of Google's internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you improve the Googler user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices). You occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking and infrastructure. You're a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide direct support for Linux, Mac and Windows desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
- Provide direct support for services such as office phones, video conferencing, and remote access.
- Provide direct support for Google’s office relocations and expansions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience troubleshooting with applications and in a networked environment.
- Experience with LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant support experience.
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux/Mac OS/Windows).
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.