Amazon.com Operations Manager - Swindon in Swindon, United Kingdom
We are Amazon: we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Operations Manager – Swindon
4 x 10 hour shifts, to include 1 weekend day (Wed - Sat)
As an Operations Manager at our site in Swindon, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in unchartered territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you.
• Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers
• Support your team of Shift Managers and the operations leadership team in daily management of the delivery station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
• Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
• Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
• Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
• Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
• Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
• Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions to other departments in Operations and throughout Amazon as necessary.
• Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
• A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
• Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills
• Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
• Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
*Degree Qualification or Equivalent
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognise, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programmes. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
AMZR Req ID: 567204
External Company URL: www.amazon.com