IDC Operations Manager (2pm) in Suwanee, Georgia
The role is responsible for ensuring operations processes and standard operating procedures are followed and managing the flow of product through the distribution center and delivered to our customers in a timely manner. Responsible for managing all aspects of a medium sized distribution center function including associates, staffing, budgets and processes. Responsible for achieving all functional KPIs including operations expenses, safety goals, continuous improvement initiatives, and operational goals.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of multiple departments ensuring a productive, safe and inclusive work environment.
- Achieves productivity, process and quality goals for areas of responsibility. Identifies and removes barriers to achieving departmental goals.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels according to the departments’ workload. Coordinates necessary staffing changes across departments based on projected volume.
- Ensures proper safety focus and required safety processes/training are implemented.
- Maintains functional plans around workforce planning, communications planning, and operational planning.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effective positive change.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Loyal:Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial:Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better
5 years:managing managers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: August 1, 2017